All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Don’t know why they even came out with this story.

I would consider playing the 3 McHughs from the start. I was seriously inpressed with the 2 cousins the last day. As good as Dublin are and the likes of Connolly is, they have nothing like those lads. They are exactly the types you need to beat Dublin.

Having Gallagher back would be significant.

Dubs are really really open this week. They will beat Kerry comfortably enough i feel should they get there, but this is the major banana skin IMO.

No smiley?

Ryan McHugh is one of the top five players in the game right now in any position. He’s irrepressible.

Dublin have faced Donegal in four championship ties (as opposed to games) ever - 1992, 2002, 2011 and 2014. In only one of those four games did Dublin win the initial game, and that was the infamous 2011 dogfight. Donegal have historically always proved a very tricky proposition for Dublin.

I believe Dublin are hugely motivated for this game. Obsessively so.

They haven’t fed Philly McMahon for 6 days already, and are baiting him with Ryan McHughs number 5 shirt.

Denis Bastick has spent the week above in Camross getting beaten by hurleys while staring at a photo of Michael Murphy.

Dermot Connolly is just having his normal week. He’s already enough of a cunt without any further motivation.

2 Likes

Donegal were really shit last weekend. I don’t think they can raise their game and I think Dublin will destroy them.

1 Like

All messing aside I think Dublin are sitting ducks here. No seriously competitive game in months, missing 3 key defenders and playing a battle hardened Donegal outfit who have opened our holes for us two years ago.

Perhaps so, definitely weakened, but not sure Donegal are up to the task, yet. Think they’re between Jims team and the new team being built. Lacey appears done as do a few other stalwarts.

I’m no huge fan of Gallagher, but it’d be funny if he rammed it back up Jims hole by taking down Dublin.

1 Like

Just heard there James McCarthy is fit. Hard to know what to believe at this stage but if he is fit that would be a serious boost.

That’s a serious puck in the mouth for @tazdedub who heard he wouldn’t make it past this weekend.

Keep McBrearty quiet & Donegal are toast.

Cork concentrated on keeping Ryan McHugh quiet and McBrearty had a field day. Tyrone kept McBrearty quiet and Tyrone had a field day.

I can’t see Dublin doing much other that having O’Sulli5dropping in front of McBrearty and that could leave space for Donegal’s runners from deep.

What’s he getting at here?

Sounds like a man failing to rationalise why his team got the shit beaten out of them.

Yet is the wrong word. A largely new team will have to be built in the next couple of years or so but they still rely hugely on old hands as it is.

Donegal could well be in the sort of place now that Tyrone were in circa 2011, but I’d be surprised if Dublin destroy them as has been suggested above, and there may well be a dying kick in some of those players.

It’ll be interesting see what role Neil Gallagher fills if he plays. Jim McGuinness suggested earlier this summer that two big men and a smaller man feeding off them was the way to upset this Dublin defence. In Gallagher, Murphy and McBrearty, Donegal would appear to have the ideal men for that particular task.

Some bizarre reasoning going on here.

Who wrote that horseshit?

I actually cant see Dublin destroying them on Saturday, I’m actually worried that we will be caught napping and have a repeat of 2014.

One for the "it could have been me " thread

Hmmmmm…

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-to-scrap-all-ireland-football-quarter-finals-1.2744956?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter Absolutely huge news @Nembo_Kid @caoimhaoin