All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Wont win in Croke Park or won’t beat Dublin in Croke Park?

Wont win in Croke Park

I’m bookmarking that one.

Work away.

They had no-one in the squad on Sunday from either of these u21 groups;

I dont know any player aged under 25 on the squad. And they are in the fourth year of a management team that has stuck with the same group and methods. That wont change for 2016.

There will be a big clearout.

I will

Of that group I’d have O Sé, O Mahony and Sheehan as the ones who are fucked. Sheehan never looks mobile and has lived on his frees for a while. Also Darran O Sullivan will likely pop something sometime and will be out injured. I reckon the others would be alright with younger lads around them. I thought Donaghy looked fairly trim the other day.

I think whatever group of Kerrymen turn up to play the Dubs (if they meet) will have serious psychological barriers in beating them.

James O’ D - Goal threat, excellent movement, makes Dublins backs think more, has pace.

Maher - Gives Kerrys awful KO strategy aomething different. If there is one thing that can be fixed with pure practice its kick outs. They were fucking dreadful sunday. Low hanging fruit on their own at least.

Geaney - More ariel threat, intelligent movement, goal threat, works well with Donaghy.

If Kerry sort out the kickouts alone its a different game. Staying 15v15 would not have won it for Kerry, Dublin were the better side anyway, but i’m bemeaused at the dismissing of it in relation to the score. Dublins deep runners are always a bigger issue with uneven teams.

You are writing off 3 All Stars because Dublin ran in a few scores near the end.

Hunger will always be a big question mark.

An injury to Cian O Sullivan and i give Tyrone and Mayo a shot too. He is that good. Never under estimate the intelligent game he is playing. He is becoming like a Maldini of Gaelic Football. But he is a bit injury prone.

What’s the story with Shields, Kev.

Honestly don’t know, have not spoke to anyone anyway close to the thing in a good while. Saw a headline and nothing else. Alot of people are theowing their hat at Cork GAA to be honest. There is loads of hassle in the hurling and while i think the football is a happier ship alot of people have lost the will to try. So basically i would not be a bit surprised if they did it but would be surprised if they were dropped.

Tommy Walsh has withdrawn from the Kerry panel

2 Likes

:scream:
Wouldn’t blame him.
Some fall from grace.

1 Like

Cant say I blame him. As I said on the NFL thread earlier in the week, his treatment has been bizarre. Sure its an horrific injury, but hes home the bones of 3 years, and his showings haven’t been that dire that he didn’t deserve a bit more of a run out apart from a horrible fucking February in Casement or the likes. While Kildare were obviously shit, they have a serious enough midfield and he made solid shite of them in the All Ireland Quarter last year.

Be interesting to hear if he does an interview perhaps. A sad end nonetheless, if it is the end, of a career that promised so much.

What injury had he?

+1?

Tore his hamstring off the bone playing GayFL.

55 seconds in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL8gwQIRPHI

1 Like

Steriods!

He’s looked like Ivan Drago since he was about 16.

Those AFL players must be pumped full of roids.

Dyas also pulled his hamstring off the bone in AFL.
Mary Clarke suffering from Addisons Disease.

1 Like

Tearing hamstring off the bone is closely associated with roid use.

Wouldn’t be all that surprising if true. Don’t they currently have a number of systematic doping cases on the go down there?