All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Ye on the beer?

Wine. I’m half plastered.

Unless it’s a different ye you’re referring to.

Had to come away out of it. Fucking club championship on a Thursday night. Cunts

1 Like

He’s from Camross

Jesus Kev, if Kerry are gone where are the other 30 odd teams ?

Write them off at your peril.

Have you seen the gap between the teams in the last 3 meetings?

Its gas how names and tradition cloud peoples judgement the closer games get.

But recent tradition is one way traffic.

And bar Connollt, Dublin (and i had some serious reservations about them in places too) have answered all questions with ease. They are at no great disadvantage due not being tested. Im fact thats Kerrys issue.

Kerry have not played well really this year since Rosscommon in semi final of league. And we all know they were a busted flush by then. I think once you take away Cian O’ Neills clever conditioning and tapering you are in trouble. Fitz is in complete control there now and its an old school approach. Not doubting his tactical ability or football knowledge but i think thats an issue.

Plus the age profile is all wrong. Only one win er here. Would be a bigger shock to me than Tipp beating Mayo.

Dublin are on another level to every other team . The gap in terms of physical conditioning is huge. The sport is no longer competitive . Thank fcuk for hurling as it can not be won in gyms.

Bwahaahahahahahahaa

At a much lower level generally.

The discussion is in the context of Kerry-Dublin

Did they?
Donegal played not to be hammered, pal.

Tradition packs a mighty wallop. Sunday is going to be great.

Last two times Kerry have played Dublin they have played not to be hammered.

Yes, having beaten Dublin by six points two years ago I’m pretty sure Donegal both believed they could win and played to win.

Did Kerry play to win in last year’s All-Ireland?

I think they did, but you wouldn’t have known it at times.

The potential is there for Kerry to win this time but there’s also the potential for Dublin to win by 10+ if they decide to be more clinical than usual with the chances they’ll likely get.

I thought Kerry were a lot closer and caused Dublin a lot more problems than the final scoreline indicated in the League final. Dublin were always going to win it as they’re able to play at close to 100% capacity for most of the year whereas Kerry and the rest can’t. The sending-off of O’Mahony and Kerry being down a few players compared to Dublin added to the odds stacked against them in that game. None of these factors are at play this time.

1 Like

That’s the general way Donegal play under Gallagher. The game plan is to get to 12 points and make sure the opponents don’t.

They got found out when space opened up against Dublin and had too much fear of counter attacks to have a proper go at them.

Dublin are far fitter than any GAA team I’ve ever seen. Additionally the extra money spent on the coaching set up and things like supplying players with food has resulted in players, that would have been lucky to make other county teams, becoming household names. MDMCM and O’Gara are great examples of this.

Playing Sheehan on goal wouldn’t be as mad as it sounds. Given that he could hit the Kerry big men accurately from over 80 yards it would put Dublin’s defence under immense pressure to break every kickout. I expect Kerry to press up on Dublin from the start and go with the attitude that if they get ahead then the Dublin heads will drop.

1 Like

Could they adopt the approach of a Junior C game and stick him full back to kick out for the young/auld fella who couldn’t kick the ball out past his nose?

Actually I have heard the rumour that Mark Griffin will play midfield.

By Jove I think we’ve stumbled across Kerry’s plan.

Agree re:league final bit it was just about slipling and a drop in discipline is always a good sign of it falling apart.

Whats interesting is suggestions from Management that Kerry are fitter this year. He really wants to put it out there that running the shit out of lads on Banna Strand works. It kinda builds this game as an old school management (i do it/know it all myself) approach with the Jim Gavin (let the experts guide me) approach. Alot of little suggestions this year about CON and how Kerry were not right last year. Easy blame one man in his absence. And when the players had time for him that can be an issue. May be seeing too much in that but its always worth noting the managements language over a season.

Ultimately though i think it comes down to this. Even if you made the argume t that all things are even ability wise (which i don’t believe anyway, Dublin orived that inaccurate last 2 championship games with relatively comfortable wins)

Dublin have played together with largely the same team and the same approach for 13 competitive games this year.

Kerry have chopped and changed all year both in style and line out. Their key big game players of recent years are

Com Cooper
James O’Donoghue
Anthony Maher
Aidan O’Mahoney
Marc O’Se
Johnny Buckley
Donnacha Walsh
Donaghy

Of that group only Walsh and Donaghy has played regularly. The rest out together have not played as many games as dublin this year. That has to be a problem.

Also Bryan Sheehan is burnt. The long winter has caught up, his hunger dead.

All Dublin have to do is blunt belief. Do not give away 2 early goals ( i think it has to be 2, 1 goal never rocks Dublin too much). Kerry need to be very close at half time and ahead by 2-3 minimum around 50/55. You would have to assume Dublin will have 70/80% of the ball in last 10 mins. Kerry have to have a defendable lead by then.

I can’t see it.

Thats hardly a rumour, it was suggested in at least 2 newspaper articles and on radio.

Anywhere away from defending a top player anyway, he is a club defender.

Was it confirmed?

Shane Coleman on Newstalk is trying to figure out how many kerry players would make a selection of the two teams.
How many?

I think Dublin will win but will be interesting to see if Kerry like other teams allow Dublin to play on their terms and dictate the game structure. Kerry need to make Dublin uncomfortable, push up on kick outs, don’t give a platform to Dublin like they have in every game to move from defence, make O’Sullivan do something other than cover space, put a man on Kilkenny so he cannot shepherd ball laterally waiting for the through ball. Can Kerry go long early enough and accurately enough to get at and expose Dublin full back line.

Not sure Kerry can do that but if they are fitter and can run at and with Dublin then they get to be a challenge.

Whatever happens it should be intriguing, unless of course Kerry go out to play a certain way, physically just cannot do it and Dublin cut loose and run through Kerry. However assuming Kerry can implement a game plan then we may have a real game which asks Dublin questions.

Christ I fucking despise that sort of shit. Fuck that cunt.