All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Your argument doesn’t stand up. McAuley’s best years were his first 2 or 3 years before he could benefit from all the free dinners and training. For the last 2 or 3 years he has spent more time on the bench than playing.

Secondly Philly McMahons company does not provide meals for the Dublin team. A crowd call GFP do. They also only provide meals after training sessions.

I am reliably told they get delivered during the day to at lease some of the players

1 Like

That’s not true at all. Maybe GFP only provide meals after training, but Dublin footballers definitely have all their meals prepared

3 Likes

Let me make this very simple to you.

Dublin GAA spending more money on coaches, training, nutrition and analysis = improving average players/good athletes so much so that they can become household names and win player of the year awards.

They were getting free food at that point and we training twice a day. He won Footballer of the year in 2013 when he was clearly prospering from the investment made in him.

I remember when they won the Hurling League in 2011 the captain made his victory speech. I was watching with a member of the Wexford football squad. When the captain thanked the backroom team he named 24 members of the support/coaching staff.

At that time the Wexford football team and six between fitness coach, manager, etc.

If well managed, like Gavin does, it makes a huge huge difference.

1 Like

Dublin players get all their meals if they want them. Some choose to and some don’t

A few drinks might help ease the tension for Senan, might want to leave the car at home this time though.

http://www.skysports.com/gaa/gaelic-football/news/30543/10551155/dublin-and-kerry-will-serve-up-a-tense-encounter-on-sunday-says-senan-connell

1 Like

Dublin Footballers do not get meals provided or delivered for them outside training. Some clown here posted that they did and now its become a “fact”. Well it’s bullshit.

1 Like

Are lads distinguishing between finished meals and unprepared produce? I’d hate to see an argument develop on TFK over such small issues.

Are you part of the team or management team?
Do you have a mate involved?

Just trying to balance who i would believe.

Dublin players eat properly while the Muldoons are stuffing their face with rashers and black pudding. It’s simply not fair.

5 Likes

The Kerry boys will have a full Irish before bating the cunts back into the canal on Sunday

1 Like

And Porter don’t forget the feed of Porter.

They don’t get their meals delivered, but they are given prepared meals at training for the next day or whatever.

Philly and the boys stopping off to pick up their daily prepared meal

2 Likes

Honestly mate. They don’t.

I know a number of the players and have recently been involved in coaching Dublin underage teams.

wow- amazing- without this it would take them an extra 10 mins every lunchtime to get some food

1 Like

Thats pretty solid.

So how about last year? Because maybe noth are right?

And is it possible, because from memory this might be what i first heard, that individuals were being sponsored by that very company?

Anyway my mate worked with a Dublin player, and they are good mates, and he was absolutely getting meals delivered. Now that was early last year or the year before, can’t quite remember.

It takes away temptation of crap. It also saves money.