All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Jesus

Billy Keane: History can inspire subjugated citizens of Kingdom to overthrow mighty empire

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/billy-keane-history-can-inspire-subjugated-citizens-of-kingdom-to-overthrow-mighty-empire-34999452.html

1 Like

It’s almost like they’re saying it just to convince each other without really believing themselves.

1 Like

Sid

You are a bit like Brian Cody . “Every game takes on a life of its own”.

That is a bizarre handicap for those overall odds.
I’ll be lumping on Dublin to beat that spread.

1 Like

You tell us. You picked the team.

1 Like

So obviously he gets the free boots etc… but I assume he also gets a few pounds from Adidas directly for his efforts.

And go to morning mass. Don’t forget the mass

Surely Donaghy in the centre is too ridiculous to be true?. Far too far from Dublin goal and nowhere near mobile enough to be effective. And playing in a position he has little experience of. He may catch the odd kick out but his overall value there would be negative.

I agree but don’t see another midfielder in the 15 picked

I can’t see Kerry starting like that, I’d say Maher will start with one of the wing backs dropping out.

1 Like

That will not be the starting XV lads

1 Like

I didn’t think so db.

David Moran, Brian Fenton and Denis Bastic are the only ‘traditional’ midfielders on either team.

I’d expect Donaghy to put in a serious shift where he presses up on Cluxton’s kick outs while dropping into midfield for Kerry’s. He’ll mix that up with acting the cunt in general when Kerry are on attack, diving around the place and trying to distract the Dublin defence to free up space for Cooper and Geaney.

No point in starting O’Sullivan when he’s their best trick off the bench.

1 Like

Of course it won’t.

That middle 8 would be 12 points down by half time

Is James McCarthy ok?

Anthony Maher is far more of a traditional midfielder than Moran. Moran best position in the past was probably No.11.

2 Likes

Based on number of followers I reckon he gets 500 euro a go.

I read before (maybe here) he is closest we have to a full time GAA player - income etc.

The Dublin footballers sponsored ads with Aer Lingus and AIG are a glimpse into where this is going. AIG are a main sponsor so maybe included but AL one was not cheap. Players getting a cut off that beyond the holiday contribution?

1 Like

Agreed but he’s on the bench, admittedly that might be a bullshit team.

Good summary of Donaghys likely contribution in an ideal world. If Kerry are to upset the odds he’ll be key.

What’s unique about Canning? Well advised I assume.

500 seems to be the county players bottom line. I have heard them talk about it. And in ways they are dead right. People underestimate (and i’m not talking about instagram promotions now) how much out of a day alot of these things take.

Last year i got a couple of players to do something and they refused the money. But i thought that was dumb. Both were workers but you wouldn’t imagine they were loaded either. Certainly in one case it was like they felt guilty. Thats total fucking bullshit.

3 Likes