All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

The Muldoons are seething pal. It makes the victory all the more sweeter.

2 Likes

Kerry fans were throwing bottles at the ref after the game!

1 Like

Scumbags.

Ye"re fitness will win fistball titles easy enough but in THE game that requires real skill no good . The team has about 6 or 7 lads who haven’t the moral courage to try hurling .

1 Like

Ah shhhhtop. Despite what the nostalgia lads say the skills were never better in Gaelic Football. A far more difficult game to master than stick stick.

1 Like

Is English your second language? What the fuck are you gibbering on about here?

Do you not know the narrative at this stage? 2002, 03, 05 & 08 are the only times in 130 odd years that an All Ireland was ever hard won/properly won. Every other year was either soft, has an asterisk after it or involved some sort of choking by the losers.

Questionable decisions aside, Dublin deserved the win. When it came down to it, they produced the goods. Kerry had a few good chances to keep them at arms reach, and they failed miserably with them. Goochs chance the worst, a handy kick from 30 yards out and he dropped it short. Dublin went and got the important scores to firstly get them back into the game and then to finish it.

Calls go each way in games, it happens, but its awful when they go against a team at the end, it just has more of an impact than earlier on in the game. I did think Dublin got a couple of handy ones and I thought the hit on Crowley was not shoulder to shoulder. But, in saying that, Kerry had their chance to win that, but they didnt take it and that is on them, not on the ref.

1 Like

In tight games you’ll always look more closely at refereeing decisions. Deep down Kerry know that if it wasn’t for Cluxton brain farts, those questionable decisions wouldn’t have made a difference

Spitting on him too apparently.

Looked OK in real time but he was lucky not to get the road looking at the replay. He ploughed him straight in chest/face

You just chose to ignore the criteria.

This has completely overshadowed the result for me, fucking animals.

2 Likes

In 2004, 2007, 2009 Kerry never had to beat a team who had won an All Ireland in the 5 years previous.

Contrast that to Donegal’s win in 2012 where they had to beat Tyrone, Cork and Kerry - all who had won All Irelands in the past five years.

Cork won an All Ireland in 2010 without beating a team who had contested an All Ireland final in the 5 years previous.

Dublin in 2011 had to beat Cork, Kerry and Tyrone - the three preceeding All Ireland champions.

Tyrone in 2005 had to beat Armagh and Kerry, the two preceding All Ireland Champions (exlcuding their own win.)

The fact is due to the imbalance of the draw it is very easy for Kerry to win All Irelands - conceivably they really only need to big one team.

If it’s a Dublin, Tyrone or Donegal they may need three of four big wins along the way.

You seem to be saying Kerry’s great tradition lies on them being the second best team in a decade.

Animals is the word for them, terribly uncivilised.

They are quite different to Mayo fans who try and boo and intimidate the referee into giving them decisions.

Whole ball doesn’t look over.

In any case, how is the umpire in a good position to call that like they were shitting on about on TV?

You can’t judge it from a still shot ffs. Clucko could’ve moved it 3 inches at that time.

1 Like

How is the umpire in a good position to see it like they were shitting on about in the studio?

That seemed to be the only justification they could give to saying it was a goal.

The umpire is looking straight across from it? you can see him behind Cluxton in that still, where I dont know how you can say that proves it didnt cross the line

He has two Dublin men in between him and the ball. He is on the wrong side. I don’t know how he can say it is a goal.