All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Ya i think so generally although Clifford and Shea are big lads. Plus underage S&C has now caught up and they realised strength is not just muscle.

Problem is an exodus. That lessens the amount of young lads you can bring in at once.

They will win the 2018 AI. Mayo will win this year and Dublin next with Gavin finishinh up.

But sure it doesn’t make a difference how good they are by your logic. They have fuck all bet.

Minor is usually very competitive across the board. Provincial titles are shared across a load of teams.

You get the feeling it’s now or never for Mayo.

1 Like

Nah. Can’t see it. They were fucking blessed to get over Tyrone and Tipp had them on the rack for ages. They’ll shit the togs again.

I reckon Dean Rock must be the most improved footballer in Dublin in the last year

1 Like

Well this team is primarily backboned by the their u-21 winning team in 2006 so they to get a move on.

Very few new players have been introduced since Horan took charge in 2011.

Of the starting 15, Diarmuid O’Connor, Durkan and Harrison would be the only additions to the panel since then and only O’Connor has had a big impact.

Gooch was woeful today. Two really bad misses. At one stage he was actually seen as an above average player believe it or not

2 Likes

Big ask for a lot of those guys to be ready for AIs in 2 years. Think these things take longer. Dublin have another three years at this level or close to it I feel.

Kerry, Mayo and Donegal are all on downward curves. Tyrone are on the up but still lacking something. Dublin can maintain this for another few years if they have the “hunger”

Last 2 Minor teams were superbly coached. This one is well coached too but alot more athletic. They were squeezing everything out of last 2 teams, not so much this groul.

@Bisto

If Stevie McDonnell had that chance Cooper had near the end he would have nailed it.

What have Mayo done for people to think they’re going to win? To me they look much worse this year than the last few

Mayo have some excellent footballers coming thru.

Tyrone won’t do, lack good big men other than Cavanagh and he is only hanging on.

Cork will get closer to top 4 next year. Kerry will still be final 4, even if they have cull. I think Fitzmaurice began to believe his own shit and they have not evolved under him. Still very good.

Remember they were 3 up with 9 left today.

They are the team who have caused Dublin the biggest problems before.

While they have stumbled into an All Ireland final, they now only need to perform once. While that’s easier in theory than it is in action it has been done plenty of times before.

The schooling I gave you this morning has shaken you up badly as you’re really rambling now.

Kerry’s great tradition lies in a continued conveyor belt of most of the greatest footballers to have ever played the game - a century plus almost unbroken chain from Dick Fitzgerald, Pat ‘Aeroplane’ O’Shea, Dan O’Keeffe, Paddy Kennedy, Sean Murphy, John Dowling, Mick O’Connell, Mick O’Dwyer, Pat Spillane, Jack O’Shea, Mike Sheehy, John Egan, Maurice Fitzgerald, Seamus Moynihan, Darragh O’Se, Tomas O’Se, Declan O’Sullivan and Colm Cooper.

This motley crew somehow managed to stumble their way to 37 All Ireland wins as well. The next closest is Dublin on 25 - (the first 15 of which won up to 1942 featured very few native Dubs and strong Kerry representation when county teams were selected on the basis of county of residence) and then Galway on 9. Kerry have won 19 National Football Leagues, 7 more than Dublin’s 12. Kerry lead the minor roll of honour with 13 wins and are second on the U21 roll of honour with 10 wins one behind Munster neighbours Cork.

The relevance of Donegal’s second ever All Ireland win in 2012 to you disputing Kerry’s unmatched gaelic football tradition is lost on me.

1 Like

They may not but mentally its absolutely perfect for them. Dubs will need a week to come down from today. Thats only 4-5 days for hard work.

Not saying they will win, but they are a very athletic and capable team

By the way absolutely nothing wrong with challenge on Crowley. No way ref in real time could have made any other decision. He went for the shoulder. It may not have met right, but crowley went into low as well, it seems.

They may have but you’re generally looking at a couple of seasons at least before they can adjust and get up to scratch. The transition of that magnitude really does take time to manage. You are seeing it with Donegal right now and you saw how long it took with Tyrone after 08. Mayo will drop off for some years before these new lads are ready.

Is Kerry’s tradition being the second best team in a decade of football because in case you didn’t know, they lost to Dublin for a fourth straight Championship meeting in this decade, similar to what they did with Tyrone in the 00s.

He shouldered him into the middle part of his body, it’s a free every time. Nothing to do with Crowley getting down low

Have you ever played football?