All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

In that forward line I would rate Donaghy over Bomber, different era aside Donaghy is stronger, a better fielder and better link man, he would have been an outrageously good player in Bombers era. Ogie was a bit overrated in my opinion, still Kerry aren’t blessed with centre forwards right now, Declan O’Sullivan though was a far better player than Ogie. I’d say Ger Power could be replaced easily enough by a current player as well but I’d have him over Darran or Donncha. Both teams are blessed in the corner forward positions and Pat Spillane was the best I ever saw play the game.

I suppose it’s better being knocked out of the championship in Croker by telephone same team, then getting bate in Ulster for years by a different team

Jesus i wouldn’t have Donaghy anywhere near Bomber. Bombers temperment was a huge asset and he took defenders out of the game brilliantly. Plus he could take players on.

And stronger? Are you for real Bro? You’re older than me, surely you have clear memory of him?

When guys took on Donaghy like Canty and tyrone lads did i thought he was found wanting. I think he got too much respect, especially from Mayo!!!

Canty couldnt handle him

1 Like

I shit you not, I’m only speaking from recollection and those all Ireland gold shows. I’d be interested to know what old timers think, Bomber was a horse but Donaghy at his best used his body so well that he seemed to me to be stronger than Liston, I’d put some of that down to his basketball experience. If Star was allowed to punch the ball to the net he could have scored three times the goals he did.

Gas cunts.

You are far too kind.

Fisty ball.

I would say Donaghy was craftier in that sense alright. But i don’t think you could play anyone but bomber to be honest.

Knowledgeable football talk here fella, keep your brown nose out of it. Haven’t you got nothing to pretend to be doing, pretending to take drugs, pretending to be going to a match :joy: or pretending to meet somebody for a pint? Pretending to be driving a nice car? Vvvvvrrrrrooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm vvvvvvrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmm.
You sad cunt :cry:

1 Like

You’re an awful bully.

1 Like

Why are you acting the hard man with me?

1 Like

Is anyone gonna comment on that disgusting late hit by a Dublin player that the ref let go?

1 Like

Kerry forced errors from Cluxton. Pushed up. Went zonal. Forced turnover and unlike most teams had the ability and balls to go for the jugular.

Kerry ran Dublin close. Dublin were just too good but no shame in that as this Dublin team have not looked like losing until yesterday.

Some awful shite being spouted on here trying to qualify all Ireland’s

Same as on hurling thread. Any all Ireland is hard won. If they were not then there would be a greater spread.

3 Likes

O’Mahony’s?

Kerry had to beat 2 Division 3 sides to make an All Ireland semi final.

Every team doesn’t start off the same.

Is he the Dublin player that did it? It was in injury time and a disgusting shoulder to the head. Real cowardly stuff.

No it was the Kerry player that did it.

The same guy who brought diving to the GAA - Aidan O’Mahony.

There’s no divisions in the All Ireland, pal. Just provinces.

A Kerry player wearing a Dublin jersey shouldered his own player into the head in injury time??