All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

So leaving Cluxton go short throughout second half was a good idea? Let Dublin run at us as opposed to contesting a Kickout?

Dublin were far better regardless of Cluxtons 2 fuck ups but Kerry went out whimpering.

If you anything about preparing teams you would know that once the game has started there is very little you can do.

They put in all that work just in the hope they would get a chance, maybe at a stretch 2. They got 1, they took it. Worth all the work. The belief from things you practiced happening on the day is immense. It nearly got Kerry to a final. Without they would have lost by 8-10 points.

If you cannot see the quality in yesterdays game then i think you should stop discussing it.

2 Likes

Dublin were miles better. Agreed.

But if you continue to push on against Dublin you sure as fuck better have the legs to get back when they break. Kerry didn’t. And they knew they didn’t. They hung on until they got their purple patch which they knew would come. And then tried to hang on for dear life. I don’t think it was a great plan but I’d say it was all they had, with the resources available to them.

And it nearly worked. They were three ahead with 10 mins left. But I didn’t think for one minute of that game that Dublin wouldn’t reel them in

3 Likes

Plenty of lads here including myself have been involved in Teams. If you believe there is little you can do once the game has started then you are a fair fucking bluffer.

its not a power play, it is sustainable, it the players all pushing forwards 30 yards on kick outs-piss easy

what utter shit you talk

2 Likes

Stick to the LOI you spoon of a man

2 Likes

is this unique to bogball because in normal sports tactics change throughout the game- in Italy football is like chess

Dublin are younger, more physical & fitter than Kerry.

Letting them run at you from a high % of their kick outs is a fucking ridiculous idea.

Lads here lauding the Kerry management for their homework on Cluxton short kick outs yet they couldn’t prepare the team to be fit enough?

Really boring like chess?

Whole game

First half

Kerry stopped the very short kick outs but Dublin re adjusted and went a bit longer. Ultimately didn’t have legs to close down kick outs in second half. Cluxton speeded up his restarts maybe. Still think putting somebody on O’Sullivan would cause Dublin problems - everything in defence revolves around him. Kerry limited Kilkenny by man marking him

Dublin are a great team in how they adjusted to Kerry. Conversion rate in last ten minutes was brilliant.

Tactically. Not really. If you stray too much from a particular plan you will confuse ayers and it will all fall apart.

Thats the beauty of Dublin
They have a fluid style. Its not rigid. They just move to areas when certain things happen. They attack and they defend. I would suggest they practice by play and in many different scenarios, but their decision making development is at the fore front of everything.

Kerry needed a structured plan…they did a good job but the Dubs are simply better.

I would question their fitness methods and they missed Cian O’Neill big time.

If keeping Dublin to 2 points is a good job for Kerry then they are well & truly fucked for a long time.

Fitzmaurice shit his togs, FACT.

here it is, the point you were dying to get out

And a complete bullshit one at that.

O’Neill is a spoofer and has been proven to be so.

Don’t agree. They went toe to toe with Dublin and nearly got over the line. Contrast with Donegal retreating to a more rigid maginot line defence , Kerry defended all over the pitch and hunted in packs.

Dublin for all the fitness talk have some seriously talented footballers who can take scores.

1 Like

When Fitzmaurice took over I thought he was on a hiding to nothing. I thought they were well past their best and finished. One AI win and beaten by best team of my lifetime the next two years. Not a bad return for three years considering the hand he had.

Your talking about this game like they were expected to win it? I didn’t give them a prayer. They far exceeded my expectations.

1 Like

They folded when it was there to be won.

Your entitled to your view of course. I don’t think they did though. They hadn’t played well enough to be in that position IMO. It was good fortune from two soft goals and Dublin having two quiet spells allowed them stay in it.

I didn’t think at any point they were going to win it. Dublin were always going to last the pace better than them. They were fucked

1 Like

Talent means fuck all without hard work. They have a group if very hard workers.

Its debateable would any fitness approach win it for Kerry, but i am far from convinced Kerrys was great. And thats not just S&C, i mean their football match fitness.

Bottom line is Kerry were not fit enough for the game they were playing…not far off, but not fit enough physically or mentally (not tbat they are really seperate). Alot of their leading players have had questionable preperation, operations etc.