All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

I think Kerry might look back on this game during the Winter and thank fuck they didn’t manage to get a draw out of it

Yip. Playing again next week would have horrified them i’d say

or their star players are older

How has he been proven to be a spoofer may I ask?

How do you do this unless you play 6 forwards (Dublin backs will rotate) and leave it man on man at the back. Mayo have been playing 2 sweepers all year so goes against their format of play.

2 Likes

Thats part of it. Which makes you wonder about the smarts in running them all theu the exact same program. Or getting Bryan Sheehan running 3km runs on a beach a few weeks after winning AI Club after a ridiculous season of games.

Just mark him. You don’t have to put 6 up

Mayo didn’t play 2 sweepers against Tipp.

I’m nkt sure as of yet what they can/shpuld do though. It may not matter. Although i think they have a chance and its mentally set up well for them.

1 Like

Yes you do. If you play less than 6 the Dublin spare defender will pick up the man on O’Sullivan and let him free. Mayo have been playing with both Barry Moran and Kevin McLoughlin as sweepers/extra defenders at the same time.

2 Likes

Only Moran the last day.

It could turn into a Tommy Walsh/Lar situation.

But what is being suggested is him being “marked”. Not saying i agree with that, just that you don’t need 6 forwards for what, i think, is being suggested.

Anyway i doubt they will do it.

Its Cooper and McMahon that need marking…not to mention McCarthy. Astonishing energy and speed late on yesterday for a lad recently injured.

Coopers lethal on the break.

Correct. Did so against Tipperary.

1 Like

Getting back to subject topic, Dubs getting fed in Gourmet Food Parlour for free today after a dip at High Rock. Does this constitute a training session though?

What time were they swimming there? Edited for weird latenight reading bloop.

They didn’t

Kev, do you think Kerry weren’t match fit because of the easy run they had to the semi’s. Do you think if they had a game like Dublin did against Donegal that this would have them on better than playing clare?

Around 4 o’clock I believe stalker

Surely a 3k run just keeps him ticking over? That’d hardly constitute him being trained hard or wrong. It’s more like a warm up.

Kevin McLoughlin did not play as a forward for the entire time he was on the field, he dropped deep a lot.

Its that gourmet food that wins all Ireland’s.

3 Likes

Nah, I often swim there. Was going to go down with the brother today but called it off.

1 Like

Arguably. I think there was a few things.

Anthony Maher played around 120 mins for the entire year. Gooch around 4 games in total. James O’Donoghue.

Older players need games, young ayers need games. Guys in the middle need training. Not sure they got that balance.