All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

They did several of them, on sand, on less than 1:1 work:rest ratio, from what i was told. They did it a few times.

Now don’t get me wrong, a bit of hardship is needed. And this Kerry team probably needed it and it probably galvanized them. However i think that approach has casualties. And with such an aging team it woukd have to be considered for questioning.

But would they ever have outlasted the dubs? I have my doubts.

1 Like

I suppose Dublin at the moment have the perfect blend of youth and experience.

Ya but more importantly freshness. Their Spkrts Science is bang on.

Gavin allows people do their job. Fitzmaurice, by all accounts, is not like that.

A small word for Eoghan O Gara, sticking two fingers up to the haters still.

2 Likes

Donnchadh Walsh being subbed so early was a bad sign for Kerry. Usually covers so much ground for them.

Was his substitution injury related does anyone know?

Still a bit of the old Eoghan there. His head on charge that coughed up a free while Fenton(?) ran free outside him was terrible.

An effective tool who does a job, he’s been vital many many days. Much like Bastick really. Not everyone can be a Brogan. Dublin have every tool in the box.

3 Likes

In fairness you have beaten that drum a long time.

He has certainly justified you faith.

They’ve a right tool between the sticks.

2 Likes

Sky told him to do that to make the game more interesting. They wanted value for their money

He fairly smashed into McCarthy in the first half and wasn’t the same after. Actually thought McCarthy popped his shoulder the way he was holding it for long periods after.

1 Like

That’s what Cian O’Neill did.

Cluxton had a couple of brain farts yesterday but I still wouldn’t swap him for any other keeper in Ireland. He has been finding Dublin lads with kick outs through the eye of a needle for years. It’s high risk stuff and he seldom get it wrong.

1 Like

Generally team training will always be 90% the same for everyone, but there is ways of loading ut for each individual as they all do it together. From having heard a bit about what he did it would resemble what i think should be done with an aging team.

You were the one who said they would win and they would not miss CON. Wrong on both.

They lost more convincingly last year with Cian O’Neill on the sideline. Not surprising to see you hold up some S&C spoofer as the difference between winning All Irelands than not. O’Neill got knocked out of Leinster by Westmeath and his side laboured to wins over both Wexford and Offaly in the Championship before being dead and buried at half time against a stumbling Mayo in the qualifiers. Mayo’s biggest win to date this year has been against Kildare.

2 Likes

I can tell you now the players themselves did.

Would they have won with him? I doubt it.

Last year Fitzmauruce over coached and over analyzed. He believed too much of his own guff i would guess.

You lads really struggle with context. Give Pep Bournemouth and see how he goes.

Paul Galvin has already been on record criticising Kerry’s physical training last year and how it was better this year.

I would suggest Fitzmaurice under-analysed against Dublin last year given how poorly Kerry functioned tactically in the final. He clearly didn’t under-analyse this year. But all your talk about him and Kerry in the run-up to it was about how “paranoid” about Dublin they were. :smile Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

You’re comparing Cian O’Neill to Guardiola? WTF? :smile:

Galvin is a muppet and Fitzmaurices brother-in-law ffs. How can you take him seriously

Galvin made a mess of his physical prep enough times himself. He was on about individuality of training and everyone not being the same. I totally agree. But it makes no sense as Kerry had specific Strength training when CON was there and generic this year. Its hilarious Galvin came out with that. And it shows possibly that management didn’t really know what S&C lads were actually doing.

The talk about CON upset Fitz and others is what i am thinking. I have heard the Kerry management rhetoric on S&C, they are hugely suspicious of it. A few of the players are also and i know a couple generally avoid/hide from gym work or do as little as possible. But i also know a few players where very highly praising of CON, one in particular who parted ways with the squad. They still seem to think they can change things in 2-3 months. They also don’t have any time for sports psychology.

At the end of the day S&C is like trust. You only notice it when its not there. It was not the reason Kerry lost, Dublin are simply better. But they are better because of a collection of work over 5ish years. Kerry still start with the heavy slog type approach. It catches up. Dubs are always fresh.

I realise this is all too complex for ye, but at the end of the day its science. It works. You don’t have to believe it though. But those who don’t will always be disadvantaged. Sometimes that disadvantage is surmountable, sometimes its not.

Is “too complex” now a shtick response to people highlighting the many flaws in your spoofing. Throw in a few other buzzwords while you’re at it, you spoofer.

1 Like

Ok. Ask me any question about S&C for Gaelic Football.