All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

I agree. Hence it should be higher.

Maybe I haven’t had enough caffeine yet but not sure why I’m tagged in this?

Me either pal, I knew it was Bandage and someone, I room a guess at you. It was probably @Big_Dan_Campbell though.

Grand. O’Moore Park is a shithole

1 Like

Ah it’s lovely now that the Leinster Council have ploughed so much money into it for no reason whatsoever.

I thought this was a decent enough article.

1 Like

That article is all over the shop. Throughout the fucking article he’s suggesting ways to improve the structure because it’s broken FFS.

All around the country, there are counties that have already got at least one round of club championship in.

That’s the problem FFS they play one or two rounds and then have no games for two or three months. It’s fucking madness. Seems to be okay with trying to get lads to peak in April and then trying to get them to peak again in September and he’s on about player welfare.

Galway hurling has already got in four.

What he has neglected to mention here is that, while Galway hurling championship has played 4 rounds, a lot of the teams are now out. Finished before June even started. So he’s praising the county for letting a lot of fields “go dead” as he put it’s.

What the club game needs is a properly defined season so they don’t have to start training in January to be ready for April, then have two-three months pricking around for a couple of games in August/September before being knocked out after maybe 3/4 championship games. League finals then that no one cares about being played off in the depths of winter. The problem isn’t with a lack of games it’s that season goes on forever.

Club league should be played in May, June & July (no intercounty players allowed). Club championship in August/September a nice defined season there start training in March/April build up through the league and play until September. Then see you in March for the next season.

Intercounty league in March & April. Intercounty championship in May, June & July. Semifinals and finals played in August. Only a max of 8 counties affected.

1 Like

Christ, suck it up about not playing games shur ye can learn to point it from 50 on the run on your bad side with all the free time. the problem is the gaa has a mental obsession with the first and third Sunday in September. There need not be more than a two week wait at most for any team between rounds in a provincial championship or all Ireland series.

Scrap the back door. Having no club games in June suits most people anyway.

1. Graham Brody-Portlaoise
  2. Damien O’Connor-Timahoe
  3. Mark Timmons-Graiguecullen
  4. Paul Cotter-Portlaoise
  5. Stephen Attride-Killeshin
  6. Darren Strong-Emo
  7. Colm Begley- Stradbally
  8. Conor Meredith-O’Dempsey’s
  9. Brendan Quigley-Timahoe
  10. Paul Cahillane-Portlaoise
  11. John O’Loughlin-St Brigid’s
  12. Gareth Dillon-Portlaoise
  13. Donal Kingston-Arles Killeen
  14. Evan O’Carroll-Crettyard
  15. Gary Walsh-Ballylinan :ambulance: :ambulance: :ambulance: :ambulance:

There is no way Jim Gavin will get any sleep tonight after reading that team. The pressure he feels must be unbearable.

He’s already responded in kind by naming the strongest Dublin team possible. Rattled to within an inch of his incredibly boring persona.

Put it up there?

Interesting.

I think Connolly is wasted at full forward and is far more effective out the field. I wonder is he being siphoned in there due to Kilkenny looking like he’s the main man for Dublin these days.

The personnel are getting a bit on in that team.

Brogan and Cluxton are over 30 but the likes of Flynn, Connolly, McCarthy, McMahon, McMenamin, MacAuley must be touching that mark now.

Is Cormac Costello ever going to make the Dublin team? Outstanding hurler, or at least he was a few years ago and I’d like to see him give it a go in the future

I heard recently that Cormac is thinking the same thing

See the Dubs.can afford to put player pictures on their teamlists Poor auld Laois can only afford words. More of it.

All well in good saying the photography & design services are open to all counties, but shur aren’t they all above in Dublin!

Nothing surprising about the Monaghan team named. Good to see Ray McCarron’s cub togging out. He’s had a frustrating 18 months through injury.

Not sure where barry mcGinn is. Probably the U-21s best player this year.

1 (GK) Rory Beggan Ruairí Ó Beagáin An Bhoth
2 Colin Walshe Coilín Breatnach Dubhamlacht
3 Drew Wylie Aindreas Wylie Béal Átha Beithe
4 Ryan Wylie Rian Wylie Béal Átha Beithe
5 Dessie Mone Deasún Mocháin Cluain Tiobraid
6 Vinny Corey Uinseann Ó Comhraí Cluain Tiobraid
7 Karl O’Connell Carl Ó Conaill Tigh Thalainn
8 Neil McAdam Niall Mac Adaim Na Clairsigh Mhuineacháin
9 Kieran Hughes Ciarán Ó hAodha An Bhoth
10 Shane Carey Seán Ó Ciara An Bhoth
11 Dermot Malone Diarmaid Ó Maoileain Fág An Bealach
12 Ryan Mc Anespie Rian Mac Giolla Easpaig Scairbh na gCaorach