All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Il take this one kev.

Back away from the trough mate.

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

You’re fat as well as being a detestable prick? That’s great news.

You should consider getting healthy meals delivered to your office. get onto Philly McMahon he will sort you

2 Likes

Woah woah mate.this was a gga playing friend i was asking for

1 Like

The Cian o Neil thing is utterly inconclusive. Nothing to say Kerry regressed or improved after his departure.

Eh, Kev says it mate, now fall in.

Ah ya its subjective and there are many variables.
However i have a reasonable idea of what training has been done with and without him.

But injuries is always one barometer. And Kerry went back there, and suffered. Anothony Ma0

Strange carry on

Agreed, I can’t believe he questioned you

Eh Anthony Maher had surgery after the All Ireland final.

Did Cian O’Neill injure him?

He may have. Maybe he didn’t.
Maybe Maher should never have got an operation. Maybe he didn’t look after himself. Maybe he is just tall and will have those issues.

One player does not prove or disprove anything.

Have you any questions for me or are you going to let you ignorance exposed?

You were citing Maher as an example of a player who has suffered due to CON going. Well that doesn’t stack up, the obvious parallel to draw is that the opposite could be the truth.

I was re-reading the Eoghan Corry book ‘Kingdom Come’ on the Kerry team of 1975-86 recently. There was an anecdote about the scale of the crowds at training sessions in Killarney in August as Kerry were training for the All Ireland Final almost every year. Tourists seemingly flocked to the Kingdom from all over the island to see the greatest team of them all train in conjunction with a bit of beach and scenery. Northern gaels were seemingly by far the most prevalent and the Kerry footballing tradition held a particular mystique for them.

2 Likes

Were they still doing the infamous wire to wire runs in August, I remember reading that Micko would continue to flog some of the players through the month of September.
Funny, I’m a sports book fanatic but I’ve never heard of that book before now, Tom Humphries and Mick Foley have written great books which provide insight into that Kerry team.

This is how Kerry’s injury list looked just after Cian O’Neill’s departure. I’m clearly not suggesting he’s responsible for all of these injuries by the way, but neither does it reflect particularly well upon his tenure with them.

Cooper’s latest setback brings to nine the number of Kerry players who required surgery either during the season or after the All-Ireland final. Kieran O’Leary ( Cruciate), Paul and Mikey Geaney ( back), Shane Enright ( Back), Anthony Maher ( hip) and Johnny Buckley ( knee)were all affected, while shoulder injuries forced Peter Crowley, James O’Donoghue and now Cooper into undergoing surgery.

David Moran is currently resting with a disc problem in his back and it is not yet known, if he will have to have surgery in the New Year.

What a vile post which shows your morality deficit

I can’t believe he typed those words. :hushed:

Did you get a sniff of blood?

No.

But I’d have little time for one of those Journo’s