All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Funny that both Brogan and Whelan felt the need to try hold the dumb cunt Vaughan back, and then it was Pillar who went mental

That picture is after bringing back a load of bad memories. Pillar was no ordinary can of piss and his team at the time were a reflection of himself. Marching to the Hill before a match and then clapping the Hill after beating someone like Longford. Lots of posing and posturing but very little substance.

It took Pat Gilroy 2 years to knock this nonsense out of this group and he won an All Ireland in the third year with essentially the same team.

The Blue book

Exactly.

John Leonard looks like he’s already planning the night’s festivities.

Lally - not a relation of a footballer.

Look at Cullen looks like he is going to drag Mossy into the fight. I don’t think he is holding Mossy back.

The head on Senan! This is a great photo.

Paddy Barnes there in between Vaughan and Whelan.

Cullen doing his best Zoolander impression.

1 Like

All Collie Moran was interested in was the fucking cameraman.

Alan Brogan and Cosgrove are another two standouts

David Henry is another stand out in that picture. The jaw jutting out. Reminds me of this lad

I presume the Dubs will be out first on Sunday as they are champions? Would be some crack to see Mayo try it again

I seem to recall there being discussion on the merits of Pillar’s tenure before here.

Pillar did a good job with Dublin. Not a great job, but a good job.

Gilroy had changed the team considerably by 2011.

I also happen to think that the Dublin team marching to Hill in '05 and '06 served a certain purpose. It probably began to become counterproductive after a while and it was the correct move to scrap it for the '07 championship, but Dublin introduced it for the '05 a championship at a time when they had won one of the previous nine Leinster championships. They proceeded to win it in '05 and '06 and became All-Ireland contenders again in '06 and '07. It provided a spectacle and was at least one contributory factor in getting the Dublin public behind the team again after disastrous years in '03 and '04.

Like Kelly and Cody. It won’t be allowed to happen. For no Ulterior Motive

1 Like

Ends are assigned now, they have been for some years since that incident. I presume Dublin miraculously get the Hill every day?

3 Likes

Seems to be a lot of Hill 16 tickets coming back from the other counties. NeutralS don’t seem to want them

Odd. I’d heard Mayo fans were hunting hill tickets same as 3 years ago.

I was offered 3 today and took them
Was told will be more coming from Galway on Friday
Obviously all face value so not sure where tickets for 500 euro stories come from