All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

That’s the Liscannor in Dermo coming out :wink:

I was thinking more mdma

Weird first half though, chaps. Mayo largely on top but Dublin got in very easily for a load of goal chances - Fenton x2 (1 og, 1 keeper save), Rock (og), Flynn ignored when he would have been clean through and someone hooked a point attempt wide. They got in very easily coming down their left with the ball carrier cutting in and linking up with a runner (strike runner, cc @Ashman) bursting through the centre. No Dublin player scoring until the 30th minute. Ciarán Kilkenny plays with incredible maturity. I’d say he’s a very boring young lad.

4 Likes

Absolutely unbelievable that with all this talk of the professionalism of the top GAA sides that Connolly today went off the reservation and made a bollox out of the sideline when all they needed to do was retain possession. Same thing happen Cork in 13 when they went up a point they made a balls out of holding onto the ball from a sideline. Surely this is a "set piece " you should have some form of of routine for

Most bizarre game of football I think I’ve ever seen. I’m just watching the highlights there now. There are a number of players on both sides who should go straight to the planks thread. Aidan O’Shearer been the main culprit.

Fenton MotM?

Another thing, boys. While Dublin aren’t scoring nearly as much as last year, I think it’s perversely due to missing O’Carroll and McCaffrey more than anything. Their defence isn’t as secure and they’re not as dominant generally as a result. Their first defensive change in the last two games has been to move Kilkenny back to half back and bring on Andrews. The next defenders on today were Mick Fitzsimons and Darren Daly - hardly elite operators and the point about their subs being as good as their starters doesn’t hold true in their cases. They have loads of strength in depth up front but not at the back.

1 Like

Small should get it.

1 Like

I thought Small had a good game

Kilkenny is a very good footballer, but I thought he was far from his best today.

That matter has concluded. You need to move on. Judge Clyne chose not to impose a custodial sentence after compensation was paid to the victim of the assault and community service time was completed.

I’d imagine it’s likely to be a Mayo player with the way the game went, hard enough to call it though.

McLaughlin is a useless sweeper.

1 Like

He’s v underrated…vital cog in the Dublin machine.

Shame it isn’t feasible to play both codes at that level anymore as he’s a serious hurler as well.

C o C will get motm

As opposed to a banterous one?

+1

But I’d have him in my side, every time.

Special mention to Durcan and Harrison today, two rookies in comparison to many others out there, and both handled experienced players with a general ease.

4 Likes

Bubble gum ?

1 Like

What the fuck was James McCarthy thinking?