All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

They weren’t incorrect decisions that benefited Tyrone.

It was correct to send Darren Hughes off at that stage of the game, he was after dragging Colm Cavanagh to the ground while on a yellow card.

Simulation is in actual fact a yellow card offence so your point there is invalid as well. Good job on referencing two invalid specific incidents, you utter imbecile.

Armagh and Derry both exited the Championship to Galway in 2015. Galway were well beaten by Mayo in Connacht.

Cavan were beaten by 10 point by Roscommon.

Tyrone would get more of a challenge playing in Connacht.

true pal, it be nigh on impossible to get one over on nembo, it’s better back out with some pride in tact than be made a fool of.

Armagh made an AI QF in 2014, four other Ulster counties have reached that stage in the past two seasons, only two Connacht sides have.

You brought it on yourself really…

No you’re only going on your own opinion that they were incorrect decisions and that Hughes would have been sent off.

McNamee could have been sent off for a punch as well.

As regards the fact that Armagh got defeated in the 2014 Quarter final, that bear little or no relevance on their performance the following year, as I’ve proven referencing Down in 2009 and 2010.

You’ve taken a bad beating here today. Hit the reset button and go again.

I was bored and wanted to get him off the Laochra Gael thread.

A successful morning’s fishing I think you’ll agree.

:pint:

Absolutely. I’m off tomorrow, so this is like a Friday for me

1 Like

I’m ‘working’ from home tomorrow.

Have been writing stuff all morning so this exercise proved a wonderful distraction.

I’m going by the letter of the law, Hughes rugby tackled Cavanagh to the ground a certain black card offence when he was already on a yellow, it’s a definite sending off by the laws of the game. On one hand you are bemoaning the fact the laws were wrongly enforced and on the other you are himming and hawing about them being properly enforced, either way the decision made was the correct one, if not for the right reasons.

You were asked to pick out specific incidents that benefited Tyrone and you came up with two invalid incidents that would have made no difference at all if the referee correctly applied the laws of the game.

Roscommon have been knocked out of the Championship by Ulster opposition in the past two years, Sligo were knocked out by Ulster opposition last year, Galway the same, when was the last time Leitrim even managed a Championship victory.

Not sending off McNamee.

There are you happy you idiot.

He didn’t send off McAdam so they cancelled each other out, McAdam’s incident happened first.

I thought you were looking for examples of the rule not being implemented correctly?

Not instances of decisions cancelling each other out.

On the basis of you accepting the decision by saying that it cancelled another one out you’re leaving it open to the fact the the referee might have seen something to cancel out the ‘rugby tackle’.

We’re talking about decisions that benefited Tyrone, pal. You seem to be having problems staying on topic with the merciless beating I’m throwing your way.

Are you saying that not sending off McNamee didn’t benefit Tyrone?

I’m saying that if you’re looking on the referee’s performance as a whole then it didn’t benefit Tyrone.

So you’re saying that not sending off someone that you rate as one of the best defenders in the country didn’t improve the performance of the team?

That is an utterly idiotic statement

I’m saying that the referee’s performance as a whole did not benefit Tyrone. Paul Finlay should have been sent off much earlier than he was, McAdam should have walked, Kieran Hughes should have been black carded and Meyler should not have been black carded. You have so far only been able to articulate one specific incident which you believe benefited Tyrone.

Surely a fair referee shouldn’t benefit either team?

1 Like

You think Marty Duffy is a fair referee?