All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Just look at the way the great Tyrone team always struggled in Ulster. While the Kerry team that Tyrone kept beating never got tested by the second tiers.

Wait

How would you quantify the quoted statement, paying particular attention to the bolded bit?

@anon59781749

Just a cursory glance shows the following examples of quite large beatings being handed out in Ulster in 2015. Did these teams fight to the death? The scorelines would suggest not, so how would you quantify the fight to the death part?

Monaghan 1-20
Fermanagh 0-13

Armagh 0-08
Donegal 2-11

Fermanagh 1-13
Antrim 0-08

Fermanagh put it up to Monaghan for the majority of that game and there were only 4 points in it until Fermanagh had a player sent off (harshly) in the closing stages.

#no26pointwinningmarginsinulster

Myself and ballbouncing were having a discussion there which I’d have been interested to hear his reply to, but once you’re here. Thats quite similar to Laois against Dublin in 2014 when there was 3 points in the game with 15 minutes to go.

Were Laois harshly reduced to 14 men in the final 15 minutes?

No they put it up to Dublin for the majority of that game. Much like…

Connacht Championship 2015 Avg Winning Margin: 11 points

Leinster Championship 2015 Avg Winning Margin: 11 points

Munster Championship 2015 Avg Winning Margin: 8 points

Ulster Championship 2015 Avg Winning Margin: 4 points

Not sure what you’re arguing there Nembo mate, I think you’ll find my question was to @anon59781749 regarding what he qualifies as fight to the death when I’ve clearly shown scorelines that disprove his statement in this year alone. I suspect he’s been a little rash with his statement however, and given he’s a newbie I want to give him a chance to reassess what he means, or at least clarify it.

Anyone will tell you the provincial structures are a joke, as is the general competitiveness of the All Ireland Championship, born out by this post

Like you have run away from me 3 times in the last couple of days.

And there was only an average winning margin of 3 points in the Mid-Cork Junior Football championship.
Whats your point?

Anything new in the last 130 posts or just the usual?

Just the usual. Nothing to see here.

Run away from you???

You’re the one who is always on the run, pal.

:smiley:

The stats speak for themselves.

Ulster is competitive, the other provinces are not.

1 Like

Nobody ever denied that.

Lacks quality though.

Yes you have avoided several dearching questions and for once didn’t respond to a couple of clampings.
You called me a bullshitter but failed to back it up.

You’re a fraud.

6 of the 9 counties have been at the last 8 stage of the Championship in the past three seasons, it is clearly streets ahead of the other provinces in terms of quality.

I backed it up but you ran away again.

You said McGuinness admitted his training sessions caused injuries in 2013, he did not admit that.

Another example of your bullshitting is your claim I avoided several searching questions from you, these searching questions I avoided only exist in your own mind.

They have more teams than 2 provinces. Maths would tell you they have a better chance. It also suggests that the competitiveness shows a load of teams at same level this more teams have a chance to progress. With more teams in the qualifers the more likely you are to get to 1/4’s.

But really, getting to the final shows you have quality. Nothing else.