All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Fair fucks to him.

He came out straight away and took the blame for it.

What else could he do?

Mass shooting?

1 Like

Blame the ref, dark forces, lads playing football, the weather …

1 Like

Losing by 21 points rules out any other options

Tipp have to contend with all that too… buck stops with management tho his players fell apart.

Did McGrath just say they went away from their “system”?
At what point did Waterford have a 3 man FF line?

the wex offenders have a serious chance now, the kids possibly aren’t alright after that. tipp have the best panel of hurlers, kk have the best two players. won’t be much between them

Wexford will give them plenty of it. This could be a record year for management resignations. A defeat against Wexford could see Mcgrath fuck his hat at it. You could see Mcgrath, Davy and TJ all gone before the month end

That would be glorious, hurling might be saved.

2 Likes

Unless Waterford descend into recriminations I’d fancy them to get past Wexford. Lee Chin and McDonald shouldering too much of the load for Wexford at the moment.

2 Likes

If Waterford and Galway win will it be a repeat of last year’s semi-finals, as in Wat can’t face Tipp and Galway KK?

I guess it’s up to Clare to save the championship.

2 Likes

It’s a serious possibility. We know TJ is gone. In fact Liam Dunne who was on a par with TJ coming g into the season could be the only one that survives. Waterford may well get over Wexford but Kilkenny would bate them up and down Croke Park. Could be a Watershed year

Yes, its all set up for a Catchip final. In fact the next 5 years will be the same, and Tipp will win all of them. Tipp are the new Kilkenny.

Again?

Tipp were impressive today. Michael Ryan is an all right sort. I do think that they are probably a little ahead of Kilkenny at the moment and have a better panel. I don’t think they’ll take their eye off the ball in the semis whether that be against Galway or Clare

1 Like

Would be very disappointed to see this happen, McGrath has done really well so far with this team and it would be a shame not to give him a chance to try and take them to the next level.

You could argue that he should be doing that this year but he deserves at least another year.

He’s a lot better than the fella who had them bating tyres

5 Likes

I agree but another defeat like that will put serious pressure on him

Coughs…:rollseyes:

1 Like