All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Tipp winning by a landslide guarantees another Galway/Kilkenny final. They’ll be a soft touch from here on thinking they’ve one hand on Liam alrsady

Waterford’s bus:

3 Likes

It seems that we are a wet ball team

savioursofhurling

1 Like

8 Likes

I like the hang of this Tipp team. They’ll cause trouble.

Maybe its something to do with the fact that my nephew stayed over last night and refused to remove his Tipp jersey at bedtime and ended up sleeping in it and a pair of Tipp hurling socks. :fearful:

7 Likes

Sewing it into the Galway cousins from a young age, the Tipp is strong in that one.

3 Likes

I was very disappointed with Waterford yesterday, I really thought they had what it took to go all the way this year, but that was a massacre.
Tipp took apart their system very easily as well. Hard work and long ball into good forwards, nothing particularly clever about it.
That said Waterford shat themselves as much as anything else, if they had hit some of the very handy scores they missed in the first half, they would have had something to defend. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference though, Tipp just looked too good.
It was good news for hurling. Waterford can fuck off with their system, the only system you need is 15 good hurlers who are well prepared.

Mick Ryan was uncompromising as a player, he has added some steel to the team, still a tough route to win an AI but definite signs of improvement in terms of work rate.

1 Like

Yeah, their work rate has been upped alot from last year. I’d say stats like tackles, hooks, blocks are would show an increase from O’Sheas tenure. I assume that was a specific game plan to unravel Waterford which might not work for Clare or Galway.

Its a long wait to August 14th though, very difficult to manage that time in my opinion. Hard to keep fella’s on their toe’s yet not fatigue them.

I’ve been saying it for two year, kid… Waterford are susceptible to direct hurling , of course with the right forwards… it was TJ who exposed them on Valentine’s night 2015 in the Gaelic Grounds as we bate an amount of ball on top of young Pa Begley and they couldn’t live with him. Fair play to the Tipp management for breaking out the tape and copying TJ’s blueprint.

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

I’m glad you thought about that for a minute.

1 Like

Like most visionaries, his greatness won’t be recognized until years from now.

Galway blew them away in terms of power last year, it seems to be something they have specifically worked on. Paudie Maher doesn’t seem as bulked up this year, looks more agile and his hurling and distribution has improved markedly. As I’ve said before Breen and Maher is a serious upgrade on McGrath and Woodlock, Dan McCormack is a workhorse and John McGrath is a forward that can win his own ball. Greater tests lie ahead but it’s been an upward curve so far.

1 Like

Inexplicable double use of apostrophes.

9 Likes

Didn’t that game end in a draw?

newstalks’s commentary on cork wexford was outstanding
Mcintyre was excellent and some roaster on co commentary

It did, Limerick were destroyed in the first half… Might have been 5/6 down at ht… An unreal comeback.

They’ll be like the British Parliamentary Labour Party, determined to become ever more Blairite, not realising that they must turn away from Blairism if they want to become electable and win, smugly dismissing all evidence to the contrary. @Fagan_ODowd will remain their Alastair Campbell-esque machiavellian media apologist figure. Yesterday Tipperary read Waterford their very own Chilcott report.

Weekend GAA highlights on TG4 now.