All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

13 posts on this thread today but there would have been 100+ if Limerick were still in the championship.

4 Likes

Awful shame.

1 Like

Would love to post Johnny Loans What’s another year but haven’t the the technical knowhow

1 Like

https://youtu.be/-b3XTj5G_SA
PS. I know the feeling!

1 Like

Tomorow we will get going dont want to rub it in

Them galway lads are dry balls

Not

:sleeping:

It’s all about the club on this side of the Shannon now Joe.

Only messing clare lose by 12

Galway always have one big performance in them pal, I’d be apprehensive if I was a Clare man.

Galway will potentially get 2 or 3 goals on Sunday, I’m sure they’ll be up for it against their Connaught neighbours…be v interesting regardless though I slightly fancy Clare by 2.

2 Likes

I am they will blow us away

Do you rate Cunnigham and Shanagher pal?

Hot and so cold

Is that why all the county lads are fucking off so they don’t have to play with them mate?

1 Like

Galway always seem to struggle in the year after losing an All Ireland Final. In the six finals they’ve lost since last winning an All Ireland in 1988 - 1990, 1993, 2001, 2005, 2012 & 2015 - the only win of any note in the following year was in a qualifier over a mutinous Cork team in 2002. Apart from that the only other wins were over Roscommon in 1994, Laois & Westmeath in 2006, Laois 2013 and Westmeath & Offaly 2016.

Those stats suggest we’ve a proper game on our hands on Sunday, the game needs it anyway.

Still fancy Clare slightly, though Galway could well beat them.

Next round of the box office Limerick senior hurling championship isn’t until the 21st of August mate.

For a county that has done so little talking on the hurling field in over 75 years, you’d wonder what all those Limerick lads have to talk about.

Interesting to look back at the development of the Limerick and Wexford players from last year’s U21 All Ireland Final. Not many of the Limerick team of all talents have looked up to the demands of senior level. Seven of Wexford’s starting side from that final saw action against Cork and Liam Ryan would have brought that number to eight but for his hand injury.

Waterford will bate Wexford up a stick mate.

It’ll be tough to take. But Wexford will recover.