All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Its a piitty that ye have not the balls to go all the way.

Vile post

If Wexford lose its because they are crap. You are giving them too much credit for beating offaly and a shite cork team. Kilkenny would open Wexfords holes for them.

2 Likes

Or Tipp.

Our first touch and tactics are way off the pace and if we lose it will be down to that.

If we win it will be down to the players fighting like Hell despite the shitty management they had to b put up with.

1 Like

Doubt it. Isn’t he sunning his baldy head in Tuscany?

Wexford were outstanding by all accounts in the second half against Offaly as well and showed real character to respond to the adversity of the disallowed penalty goal. The absence of up to 8 automatic starters from the Wexford line up puts the outcome of tomorrow’s match very much in the melting pot. If Wexford were even close to full strength, you’d expect them to take care of Waterford easily enough.

From a Wexford perspective, there should be no hang ups about facing Waterford in Thurles. On the only previous meeting there in 2008, a Waterford team on their best championship run of the last 50 years, scrapped past a limited enough Wexford side by just 1 point in the dying minutes of the game.

Kilkenny don’t have the balls to go all the way?

The standard against Offaly wasn’t great but Wexford pulled away easily enough. Offaly had a lot of big, slow, fat lads playing for them though. It’s 1.5 games of good standard performances in a row but the injury list plus the nagging fear that we’ll throw in one our regular capitulations remains. Losing by 13 points to a fairly inept Dublin team was quite staggering. We’ll see.

Stephen Doyle scored at least one cracking goal in that 2008 game. I remember checking the starting line up from that 2008 game before our last championship clash against Waterford in 2014 and it wasn’t a very strong team at all (sorry to offended readers). It was also the day the minors had a 1-point lead against 13-man Galway but the joint management team of Dunne and Dempsey played both spare men in the full back line in a 3 v 1 match up as Galway popped over 2 winning points from half way.

I will be cheering on in confidence the following teams tomorrow
Wexford
Galway

5 Likes

Yes, I was at that game in Thurles and despite an apparent disparity between the two sides on paper, it was a game that Wexford really should have won. Damien Fitzhenry was hauled up the field late in the second half for a penalty and curiously tapped it over the bar.

Are you a galway man

If Wexford are still in the mix around the 55 minute mark they will win it. Wexford have a proud fighting pedigree and if the game is close I expect their better fighting genetics to take over.

1 Like

Waterford will win by 10+ points.

3 Likes

Limerick levels of delusion about Wexford. They’ll get hammered.

3 Likes

Waterford seem to have a real mental hang up when it comes to facing Leinster opposition. They’ve exited the championship in 2013, 2014 and 2015 after defeats to Leinster opposition.

1 Like

A far better standard of Leinster opposition though, Geoff.

With all the absentees, this doesn’t look as strong a Wexford side as that which disposed of Waterford in 2014. Waterford’s confidence levels will have taken a real hammering though after a 21 point defeat last day out.

Darren Stamp was played while injured I think which was a mistake. Dan got a few crucial scores off him. Did Fitzhenry also make a mess of a penalty or was that another game?

Stamp didn’t play according to this. I was at the game but have no recollection of whether he did or didn’t. Look at our team from that day at the end of the report. :eek: