All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Can’t wait to see the breakdown of this jaunt on the books at the end of the year

1 Like

I’d say the GPA comfortably came back with more money than what it cost to run the event.

And it was probably a tremendous junket.

1 Like

I knew you’d be in eventually :wink:

I knew you’d start it.

C’est la vie.

And the wheel continues to turn.

Would ye fuck off looking for money off the GAA. Ye cunts ye nearly bankrupted the whole organisation with that stupid fucking deal ye did in Portlaoise. It’d be more in ye’re line to pay back some of that than to be passing around the begging bowl again and telling the GAA what they should be doing with their money.

3 Likes

That was Portlaoise. They should have been left hang. And I doubt 6M would bankrupt the GAA. Anyway the GAA advised them to do the deal and stood over them. It’s not like they stole it or anything eh?

Conal Keany considering retirement from the Dublin panel. Danny Sutcliffe has withdrawn for undisclosed and highly mysterious reasons. Simon Lambert and Alan Nolan have been dropped off the panel. @tazdedub is there a crisis in Dublin hurling?

Ger Cunningham :clap:

Simon Lambert is above being dropped. Disrespectful reasons for dropping him. Ah em.

Go on :popcorn:

Also can we move this discussion to where its already being dealt with. Fucking Ditzy.

No All Ireland in 77 years would suggest there is.

Two Ballina men on the Tipp senior hurling panel. Well holy god.

Waterford:joy:

No crisis. :smile:

Double post.

Simply withdrawing from a county squad is a less messy way of starting the process of overthrowing the manager. It’ll probably mean missing out on a full year of playing intercounty but that’s the cost. Dublin will probably need more than Sutcliffe to call it quits, even though he’s one of their best players.

A winning team is unlikely to be wanting the manager out. Teams who’ve gone close like Galway hurlers and Mayo footballers risk the wrath of those saying they’re scapegoating the manager for their own failure to get over the line. While teams from a lower base will be completely ridiculed if they try to force the manager’s removal as they don’t have a track record of achievement to point back to. Of course, they might actually have valid reason to privately claim that management issues are hindering their ability to play to their potential.

I guess Dublin players could argue they’d won the league, Leinster and also narrowly missed out on an All Ireland final appearance in 2013 under Daly but things seemed to have reached a natural end with him in 2014 - he was there for 6 years or so.

Rambling now, but in the absence of a county board deciding that a manager doesn’t deserve another term, a group of 4 or 5 key players leaving the panel is probably the best and most face saving way for a moderate level county team to force management change in the short term.

1 Like

Sutcliffe has nowhere suggested it’s management reasons he left. He has basically hurled year round since he was 18/19. I reckon he’ll be coaxed back onto the panel after the league.

1 Like

Sutcliffe is your typical dub hurler. Burst on to the scene and had a few good years but like a lot of Dublin hurlers looks like he is on the wane at a very young age. bit of a spice boy these days from what I can see. Cunningham should go flat out to try and get Connolly to try the dual status for a year he’d be a much greater addition than Sutcliffe.

1 Like

Bullshit post based on nothing but begrudgery.

2 Likes