All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

The great Ger Loughnane wasn’t far wrong earlier on this year.

Heard a recent all star has quit the day job and joined the GPA…that’s also bound to cause consternation.

Would that be a teacher in Dublin?

:joy:

Not sure where he teaches…but that’s the profession alright apparently.

Aylward was 20 when he made his senior debut against Tipp for Kilkenny. He was injured and went travelling the year after. Walter Walsh also famously made his debut when still under 21 in the AI final. There is no need for Kilkenny to rush young players thru like in most other counties. I don’t disagree on your point about tyrell tho, he was bet last year.

Every other county with aspirations for the all Ireland have blooded players under 22 years of age. Galway have Flynn, Mannion, Whelan. Tipp have Ronan Maher, Breen and John Mcgrath. Clare and Waterford have up to ten on each team. Limerick will likely give 5/6 of their under 21 team a run on Sunday week. Dublin have used O Donnell and Barrett.

Who would be the youngest on the KK team?

Walsh, Buckley, Murphy, Walter are about the 24/25 mark. Codys young lad got a few league games, if he’s the next best young thing in the county God help ye.

Fuck Kilkenny, I hope they never win a game again. My avatar not give it away?

But point remains. Most other counties had to blood young players as they had fuck all good mature age ones. Kilkenny had no need to do that. Granted they are getting to that stage now, but they hardly need the overhaul Clare and Waterford both needed.

3 Likes

Who’s the lad who quit his day job?

Padraic Walsh, Paul Murphy, Colin Fennelly, Cillian Buckley and John Power all got debuts at 22 or younger.

A recent hurler of the year mate…fairly handy to work out.

The source was reliable as well…

It starts with Richie and ends with Hogan.

7 Likes

Sorry chief, ye have enough problems down there at the minute not to be casting false aspersions on ya.

He was teaching up to a month or so ago anyway. Must be very recent.

If they get to the Final they won’t be beaten

Richie Hogan then, doubt he’ll sue tfk for that comment

I wouldn’t put anything past that GPA crowd mate.

Don’t know what they’re at tbh.

1 Like

Probably taken a leave of absence - very much doubt he’d chuck in a permanent teaching position.

I doubt very much that he has a permanent teaching position.

Why?

You sure? He’s been in D3 teaching for the guts of 6 years by now. Not that I’d know much about the requirements for permanency mind you, just presumed he would have been?