All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Limerick for Liam. I forgot you were from kk

All the way Joe

Will ye take care of dublin on Sunday

When is the QF hurling draw

no,
id say v waterford in 2002 when the first strike was boiling was the worst
that defeat in a half empty Thurles in the rain was dismal
it wasnt as bad tho as the defeat by Galway a few weeks later in a game that wasnt televised, that was the real low

soon id say Joe

1 Like

Honestly very hard to tell Joe, happy that it’s not in Parnell Park but I wouldn’t be surprised with an upset

Brian Cody, direct descendant of Cú Chulainn :+1:

1 Eoin Murphy Glenmore
2 Paul Murphy Danesfort
3 Joey Holden Ballyhale Shamrocks
4 Jackie Tyrrell James Stephens
5 Padraig Walsh Tullaroan
6 Kieran Joyce Rower Inistioge
7 Cillian Buckley Dicksboro
8 Conor Fogarty Erins Own
9 Lester Ryan Clara
10 Walter Walsh Tullogher Rosbercon
11 Michael Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
12 T J Reid Ballyhale Shamrocks
13 Jonjo Farrell Thomastown
14 Colin Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
15 Eoin Larkin James Stephens

16 Richie Reid Ballyhale Shamrocks
17 Robert Lennon Bennettsbridge
18 Diarmuid Cody James Stephens
19 Conor O Shea Clara
20 Conor Martin Emeralds
21 Kevin Kelly St Patricks
22 John Power Carrickshock
23 Mark Bergin O’Loughlin Gaels
24 Liam Blanchfield Bennettsbridge
25 Chris Bolger Clara
26 Michael Malone Mullinavat

About as good as can be expected given what we have available. I’d prefer Kelly instead of Farrell but it might be horses for courses from Cody’s point of view.
If we’re to go anywhere this summer, some of them subs are going to have to learn on the job in a big way.

1 Like

The doubters are in for a shock.

John Power must be a lugg to train if he can’t secure a spot as things stand.

That must be the slowest forward line Kilkenny have ever fielded.

They are not the quickest on their feet either, pal.

9 Likes

John Power just isn’t very good

1 Like

Not the best KK team ever named but they still have the Brian Cody factor. You can never write them off with that man in charge.

How long is it since he’s lost two consecutive games with KK?

As good as we have. Larkin played well for the Village I hear. Mick Fennelly playing is a plus. Colin fennelly needs a good game too. TJ has to perform. Jackie is a weak link. Holden needs a good game.

Dubs have a real chance, especially on a football pitch.

1 Like

Someone is going to do a number on Kilkenny this year this year but unfortunately I don’t think it will be Dublin.

Kk will be favourites in any game they start.

2 Likes

It’s still a very strong starting fifteen. Not much in the way of experience or proven quality on the bench. Some talented youngsters though- I’m sure the likes of Lennon & Blanchfield will be top players in time

Whether they’ll be good enough this year, I don’t know; but who is actually good enough to beat them. They still have Larkin, 2 Fennellys and Reid up front and a very strong half-back line, which is key.

And Jonjo Farrell might be the most awkward hurler in the country, but he’s a good ballwinner and works very very hard.

Waterford and Tipp must fancy their chances this year, but do either have the killer touch that will still be needed to beat KK?

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean they won’t be beaten. They are stretched to fuck and I think they’ll break at some stage.

Unless they get a few more injuries, that KK team will win the AI handy. Who is going to beat them exactly?

1 Like