All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Very small but fast set of forwards mostly, set up to run at kilkenny. If Schutte is back on form and gets enough supply he could retire Jackie Tyrell. Still expect kk to come through comfortably.

I would have thought Dotsy or Trollier would give Jackie more trouble with their pace. Dotsy went to town on him in the drawn match in 2013 when Jackie could actually run.

They can run, but they can’t hide

1 Like

Nobody does self destruct like Limerick pal, we have 3 All Irelands won since you last won one, and that should realistically be 6 or 7. You have been masters of self immolation since 1940, 1973 was an anomaly due to the rain and Kilkenny missing half their starters. You saw what happened the next year, normal order restored.

If Mick fennelly is fully fit all year and at a reasonable level of play no one will beat Kilkenny. If himself, hogan or Reid aren’t right tipp will beat them. I wouldn’t put it past us beating that named kk team in a Leinster final, before losing to them in an all Ireland.

An anti Crokes selection

1 Like

I think ill have to fully agree with that synopsis

Think that’s about the strongest KK side they can muster at the moment. I’d been leaning towards a surprise Dublin win over the last few weeks but having seen the teams I think KK will have enough for them. That full-forward line is full of work and could cause havoc with Dub short puckouts.

:grin:

“Could” maybe.

Bar one spectacular example, Galway have comfortably out done Limerick in big game self destructruction

1 Like

Sadly agree.

3 soft all Irelands playing 6 matches to win the 3 ffs.
Offaly, limerick, Tipperary, Kilkenny,offaly, Tipperary.

Meanwhile Galway have self destructed every time they have caught sight of Liam in modern times ie since they were made play more than 2 matches in a championship season.

Since Galway have been ‘forced’ to play more than 2 games they’ve reached 4 All Ireland’s and lost the lot, it’s pretty much as you were to be honest

2 Likes

No. Gaiway don’t shit the togs at the sight of Croke Park, and you have to get to finals to lose them. Almost all losses Galway had were close games.

The ones that should have been won were 1981, one of 86 or 90, the obvious 89 as that Tipp team could never beat us on a level playing field, and 2015.

1 Like

Is 11 southsiders not enough for you?

You’re right but I figured kk would try to dictate those match ups and not have Tyrell on either of the speedy guys.

KK will hammer Dublin.

2 Likes

Stick to talking about second hand Kias you fucking gimp.

1 Like

If you turn on tg4 right now Galway are self destructing in an all Ireland final.

Vaginal thrush?

A lazy analysis that doesn’t hold up to scrutiny. We beat the Munster and Leinster champions to win the 3 AIs, when the provincial series meant something. Other than last year, what finals did Galway self destruct in? Lost close games by and large, some that should or could have been won, but also lost to the better team on the day in many instances.