All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

You’ve left out Kildare, they had to beat Kildare in 1980 and I think London in 1987.

:joy::joy: level playing field.

2 Likes

Don’t start.

:grin:

A Galway lad arguing with a limerick that Galway aren’t worse at meltdowns :grinning:

Who gives a fuck they’re both fuckin dreadful. For what it’s worth Galway usually have a superior set of players.

Canning is not the best forward in the country. TJ Reid, Richie Hogan, Tony Kelly, Callanan all better. He has ability of course but he has not shown it enough and been that match winner like he should.

1 Like

Agree to disagree. Tipp and kk have a far better supporting cast, if Canning had that kind of back up and delivery of ball there would be zero debate on this, in my opinion. Canning has been doing it from a far earlier age too, Reid and Callanan only established themselves in their mid 20s. Kelly is class but not in that league just yet. I still think Collins was a better and more important player for Clare in 2013 over the course of the season, despite Kelly winning HOTY, and Kelly doesn’t consistently dominate games the way the other three can and do.

2 Likes

:grin:

Can my galway and limerick brothers stop bickering over nothing here and refocus on the common enemy, tipp, and their decades of asterisked all irelands

1 Like

Joe.Canning hasn’t dominated an important game.for.Galway in a long time. The odd moment of.brilliance mixed with poor.shooting and shot selection and an odd disappearing act. I would take t.j, Callinan or.tony Kelly ahead of him.

Grin away, or watch some of the season back, Collins was the one that dragged them through the first two rounds in the qualifiers. He was the one that made their forwards tick and the highest scorer from play in the early games as I recall. Kelly only outperformed him in the limerick game and the replay.

It’s hard when Galway are brutal. He was off form last year but by any other players standards he was still excellent. I’d be thrilled if any limerick forward played as well as canning last year and he should have had another all star.

2 Likes

Ah look Joe is brilliant and better than any forward Dublin ever produced but I think the other lads are more consistent and hence valuable.

Canning doesn’t have the movement or pace that allows Callanan to thrive so much on the ball in that Tipp play

Tipp play in ball that suits Callanan is the point. He is the focus of their attack and they concentrate on getting him on the ball. And they control enough ball out the field to get that supply in to him. Canning doesn’t have that support. Put Callanan in the Galway team and he wouldn’t look half as good.

TJ Reid, canning and Kelly are the best forwards (Kelly is a shit half back though)

When you take out Callanan’s haul of 3-9 from 3-16, Tipperary didn’t have much of a supporting cast in last year’s semi final when they lost to Galway.

1 Like

TJ Reid is the most skillful and influential hurler in the country.

He’s a class act. if he shows any form tomorrow night, KK will beat the Dubs handy enough.

Aye on tj. But it wont be handy. Dillon is handful too and dubs have an excellent midfield and a v strong hb line. Dubs tactics to play into cats hands but I can see them being caught this yr in Leinster final