All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

:open_mouth: I was screaming red.

He smashed him in the face guard.
Red all day.

1 Like

Shane dooley is one of the most talented hurlers ever to play the game. IMO of course.

It was just manly hurling.

Eddie Keher would have been seething if an innocuous belt to the head like that merited a red card.

1 Like

A gent and a scholar. Saying that, I’d love to know what he did to Burke beforehand.

2 Likes

+1 If you make intentional contact with the helmet it’s an automatic red these days isn’t it?

Particularly if you are ramming a hurley into it.

2 Likes

How do they automate it pal? Python script?

Yes.

Can you elaborate on these over on the Wexford thread?

These games are a joke Loais and westmeath

Are you running scared Joe of these Leinster teams coming to beat ya?

Yea so scared now

1 Like

When Burke made the bee-line for him, Dooley was already preparing for the wallop. Something happened alright, but then again there was plenty of wild pulling going on according to the unbiased GBFM commentary!

Still, Burke should know better than to react like that. The time to ‘do’ him is to pull hard on a 50/50 ball… That’s the shit that lifts the team and the crowd, instead of smacking a guy into the face guard.

Probably should have been a red for Burke, even so great to see him bring a bit more aggression to his game, especially in a game where the opposition weren’t sparing the timber themselves. You need to fight fire with fire and our captain wasn’t holding back. Hopefully his elbow injury isn’t too bad. I see Galway and Offaly are appealing the respective red cards they did receive yesterday

3 Likes

Hijinks.

Would strongly disagree with this. You show your aggression on the ball and not by hitting lads with the hurley off the ball. The likes of Bonnar and your own Conor Whelan are experts at showing aggression on the ball. The things that Bubbles and Burke did yesterday is just letting your teammates down. The same point as you made was made by Tipp supporters in the league when Bubbles got away with hitting some Clare lad, “good to see him showing aggression” etc. It’s not, it’s cowardly and could be the difference between winning and losing

2 Likes

Bubbles should have walked in the league too v Waterford he pulled a right nasty stroke

I’d say that was probably the one I was thinking of, thought it was against Clare