Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Eddie fulfilled a hectic day of engagement s today. He officially opened the new shop in Inistioge today after mass before heading into the park for the match

1 Like

Jackie very well turned out here. Is no socks a hipster thing?

No socks or no show socks.

Cracking refereeing in Kilkenny today.

A mans game, let them at it.

looked V good

1 Like

Good manly stuff, Joe.

Ah he gave some very soft frees too and gave out a couple of soft yellows. De Burca was very lucky not to get a red.

Very early days joe, I wouldn’t be getting to upset yet

Jack Browne seems to get roasted an awful lot

3 Likes

What did De Burca do? Some hefty challanges there and a bit of argy bargy, good to see. Waterford should’ve closed the game out when the were 6 points up but let KK back into it and we could easily have snuck it at the end.

Happy enough with the effort put in in general but we have big problems in the full forward line. The hurlers we have in there arent bad but the approach is becoming very predictable

Cadogan gave him a right doing last night and gave Morey plenty of it too. He was getting good ball in tonight I wouldn’t blame either of them too much.

Blue three piece suit and no socks. I found it unfathomable.

2 Likes

Thought they did okay tbh. Most forwards would struggle on days like today & the pitch looked to be cutting up too.
Where KK looked frail was at MF IMO.

In only saw the 2nd half to be honest and the auld fella said Ollie Walsh was poor. I thought we did reasonably well in the midfield battle at the start of the 2nd half but the injury to Lyng knocked them off their stride a bit.

I think Blanchfield could be a very good hurler in time but the John Joe experiment should end soon

He rugby tackled Richie Hogan while already on a yellow.

I thought Kilkenny looked brutal today. Very ponderous. It’d break your heart watching John Joe. He’s some trier but you’d expect a Kilkenny senior corner forward to be able to hit the ball over the ball from 30 yards with his both sides. We don’t seem to be able to produce lads with pace, esp defenders, at all.

Waterford nearly blew it by reverting to playing too defensively. They had better hurlers and should have just played away with what was working.

@Fagan_ODowd how did our new corner back, Walsh, look?

The Kk team today looked like they haven’t started hard training yet.

He gives a lot of frees sway

I was think the same thing myself today. The Walter Walsh mould of player that we continue to produce is making us really predictable and one dimensional. I had very little confidence in us creating a decent scoring opportunity from direct ball into the full forward line today. Barring a mistake or lucky break I couldn’t see us scoring a goal

The no-socks thing I just don’t get. Jackie was well turned-out aside from that.