Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

I think the end is actually nigh this time. They’ve some good lads coming but they’re too young. The policy of ignoring u 21 and leaving Cody develop them was grand when they had a team of legends to dish out the education but it’s not so clever now.

1 Like

They fuckin might too, the cunce. Not a fuckin peep out of them over the winter.
They’ll definitely win it this year.

They wont…I reckon Galway will win the AI this year.

Been v close the last couple of years.

Analysis while standing up.

Incredible new RTÉ innovation here.

O’Grady and Cummins with a 5-minute piece of analysis on how Tipperary negated the Waterford sweeper.

Waterford supporters on twitter: we didn’t play with a sweeper today.

Which version of events is true?

They didn’t play with forwards either. They play a rancid style of hurling that seeks to just keep the score down.

1 Like

O Donoghue made the big call axing Tannian, Smith, Donnellan, Collins and Moore. Bar the 2 Mannions Galway finished with their Championship team today(granted Joe and the 2 D Burkes would still be far from up to speed), doesn’t look like he’s intent on blooding new recruits either. He’s cutting it fine to say the least especially looking at what Tipp are at

No goals in the last four games. He’s rapidly turning into the Arsene Wenger of hurling management.

Michael Fennelly could go to the centre-back if they really need to be shored up there, but he’s probably more valuable further forward.

That second Clare goal was a cracker

1 Like

Are Offaly gone forever?

Hard to see them back in the long, long term.

Good

#neverforget

3 Likes

I reckon Galway have the right management team and they know how to rattle Tipp.

Galway will have a big say and have the forwards to match Tipp on the big day.

I wouldnt write KK off either…with everyone fit they’ll have a v strong starting 15 in August/September.

Has the makings of an interesting championship.

It’s only roasters like Cummins still wearing those shirts with a different colour collar than body.

Does he have his man united jersey on under it?

2 Likes

They did really hockey them

Could have been worse, mate.

People still react when Kilkenny get a hiding. You’ll know they’re finally gone when people don’t pass comment on it.

1 Like

Defense isn’t the problem, it’s trying get scores or even win possession in the forwards that’s killing them