Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

They can wait all they want, as long as Derek is in charge they’ll win sweet fuck all.

In. 1989 . A bad Limerick and bad Waterford team in Munster . 13 Galway men in semi and some crowd from Scotland in final .

1 Like

Unbelievable.

Cop the fuck on will you, this modesty is not the Tipperary way.

“We will walk this” - would have sufficed

Ah sure we’ll be happy if we are still there at the business end of the championship.

Ah here, Fran.

Everyone knows that Tipp can’t win back to back AI’s. There’s drinking & partying still to be done.

@tipptops would be ashamed of ye

:pensive::pensive:

Where is tipptops now?

Buried in a bog in Littleton.

1 Like

:smile:

Paudie Maher in action at Walsh Park yesterday.

2 Likes

Watching Clare/KK first half, Reidy ran circles around the KK midfield. Played a huge amount of ball. Noticeable how many easy handpasses Clare getting off as well even when being tackled.

It may be just me, but one of the Tipp points yesterday, involving winning a high ball in defence, two quick bang accurate stick passes and then a steepling shot from way out straight over the black spot, was as fine a score as I have ever seen.
Tipp look fantastic, and are really great to watch, but there are plenty of teams that can give them a game in the championship.

Sounds like Bubbles’ score, lovely snappy hurling to setup and take the score.

Think Tipp are a good bit ahead for this year. The bench they had yesterday was frightening. Of course, on any given day, and all that… I think the next 7-8 teams would all fancy their chances against each other but it’s hard to pick a real challenger out.

Agree with all that, but neither kk nor Galway would go in against them half beaten before throw in, like teams used to against kk.
Having said that, I think this Tipp side are one of the best to ever play the game.

If Tipp go about it right, it’s theirs to lose. All their challengers look weaker this year. Galway on song are the only ones that can match them physically and for scoring.

1 Like

That was it I think. It was a thing of beauty.

+1, there’s already an asterisk behind this one

1 Like

You’re a divil, Fran.