Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

John McGrath is a sublime player, isn’t he guys? Unreal.

Lovely hands

Wait until you see the youngest brother in the Senior setup.

Clare had some really good interplay but Kilkenny’s defending was brutal. You mentioned Reidy there - for his goal attempt which Murphy saved in the first half, he was involved early in the move around halfway and then kind of jogged/sauntered forward untracked to rejoin the move later on, received the pass and had the shot. Nobody was bothered to chase him or mark him. It was very odd for a Kilkenny side*. I saw Eoin Larkin called out the young players for lack of effort on twitter.

*usual caveats about it only being February etc etc.

1 Like

It’s only February, mate. The big guns like KK, TIPP and Limerick are being flogged fairly heavily at training at the minute.

Heavy training? Our lot are still partying.

Kilkenny looked very heavy legged and were blown out of it by Clare. Looked like they had a heavy weeks training under them. Even for the penalty they won, Reid broke past Dillon who had lost his hurl yet Dillon was able to turn and get back at him to foul him. Conor Cleary who is no speedster managed to catch up to him as well.

They will improve but Joyce was bullied all throughout yesterdays game and has no business playing at this level any more while Paul Murphy made zero impact at centre back and should have been moved back onto Shanagher after 5 minutes.

2 Likes

You’d almost feel sorry for Joyce with the run around he has been getting in game for the last year.

They’re having a look at the spine of their defence too and seem to be uncertain about retaining Holden at full back. I doubt Murphy will stay at centre back in the long run.

Doubt he’ll be as good. Seems even slower than the other two

Its a bit lousy jumping on lads 2 games into the league since he retired. But nonetheless, more evidence of the empire continuing to crumble.

1 Like

KK haven’t won more than 3 leagues games since 2012 - they are still on course to match this - They only won 2 in 2015 and went on to win the AI.

That was a soft All Ireland with an asterisk against it.

Why the asterisk?

Galway handed it to them.

That second goal Clare got yesterday gets better every time I see it.Champagne stuff.

I told you that last night

Tadhg De Burca is fast becoming my favourite hurler outside of Clare. A real class act.

1 Like

He is some operator alright.

Seemed to be below par yesterday?