Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Jamie Barron is better.

Well able to deal out a bit of timber as well but not in the trampish manner that Gleason often resorts to.

1 Like

He actually had to mark someone as opposed to covering the half back line sweeping up ball.

That’s an oooft

Didn’t watch the game and only watched thee highlights there on TG4 and he had a couple of lovely cameos early on. Was poor for the penalty and unlucky not to get on the break for the late goal.

Might have been a bit tired after his Fitzgibbon exploits during the week.

Didn’t think so. I thought he was the best of theWaterford players.

The finish by Shanagher, although close to Murphy, was the icing on the cake. He’s a serious bit of stuff, offers a bit of physicality that the others lack without sacrificing pace. A few times for Clare the stick-passing game got going and it was a joy to watch.

However it must be said that Kilkenny’s forwards, bar Reid, were absolutely atrocious. Very green and very lazy. Bad and all as Wally Walsh was, there was still an element of danger with him up front and he spurned 2 or 3 goal chances in the first twenty minutes. Once he was gone, they had nothing.

I might have placed too much emphasis on Niall O’Meara catching a ball above his head at one stage.

Possibly.

I think there’s a small possibility that you may be slightly unbalanced with your views on your near neighbours, mate.

Possibly.

1 Like

Like watching the U21s under the two boys.

He was Fagan, Jason Forde came out the field and tried to pull him out of position but he cleared an amount of ball in the 2nd half.

Tipp looked powerful yesterday, Waterford seemed intent on creating rucks but Tipp won their fair share of those.

De Burca was at fault for the goal, guys.

A little flick by Bubbles had him wrong footed if I recall.

Was he? Thought he was unlucky for the break, a number of players went up and contested the initial ball and he did the right thing by dropping off to play the break but it didn’t break his way due to a slight touch in the air. Thought he did well to get back and almost get a flick to the rebound

He was probably tired from playing Fitzgibbon Cup during the week.

Yes. Ran into his own player under the puck out, then didn’t track Noel McGrath’s run instead running to the player who was already on the ground. Very poor play. He also conceded a penalty. Well below par yesterday but may have been Waterford’s best player. They were dire.

2 Likes

Dirty Hands Walter has had it in for Tadhg ever since I claimed he was my favourite hurler outside of Clare. It is unedifying to say the least.

As the forums hot pundit right now, I find myself nodding in agreement with all of that.