Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Did Cormac Murphy really have his arm on top of the KK number eights faceguard for five seconds right in front of the ref? :grin: Some clown. KK not even booked after swinging his arm around Murphy’s neck.

He was In an air choke hold with a hurl across his throat. I would say he flipped out which is understandable.

1 Like

Might be a good reason to dump him.

He is a liability the way he is now

Cork lads what is going on

That is just embarrassing.

1 Like

Ye should bead clare handy

I don’t know about that- they won an All-Ireland minor in 2014, lost the eventual winners after a replay in 2015 and lost to the eventual winners in a semi-final in 2013.

And in all those years they did have standout players- John Walsh, Liam Blanchfield, James Maher, Tommy Walsh, Darragh Joyce, Luke Scanlon, Richie Leahy, for example. They are all highly-rated within Kilkenny too and some of them have already come into the team (I know Joyce is unavailable).

I think the reason they’ve underachieved at U-21 level for the past couple of years was management more than anything. There is a rebuilding job to be done there, no doubt about that, and Cody traditionally doesn’t throw U-21s in unless they’re seriously good. But he might have to this time. But I wouldn’t say that the conveyor belt has stalled, I think they have some very good players coming through. They mightn’t all make it but they’re not just going to go away either.

Cody has always stuck with the tried & tested unless an unbelievable underage player comes along.
Hard to crticise that method considering all they won but it seems to be coming back to haunt him now. Problem is now throwing in these lads against seasoned teams and whether Cody has the patience & temperament to let them settle.

KK won’t ‘go away’ or go anywhere, there’s only 4/5 teams who realistically can win the all Ireland every year and when you consider KK will be in the top two in Leinster every year, they’ll more than likely be in the AI semi most years, and given their tradition will get them to all Ireland finals

Clare should over come Dublin??

1 Like

Aristotle is on the ball here. Kilkenny have that all Ireland minor title in recent times and at colleges level they are doing well. It hardly a barren fallow period at minor\colleges level. could be a few bolters from this brigade

McDonnell has been injured. Harnedy is trying hard but the form isn’t there anymore. Not going to get anymore out of Horgan at this stage.

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/bbarry/hurling-power-rankings-2017-1/ :cold_sweat:

Surprised to see limerick so far up the rankings there.

1 Like

Surprised they even got into the rankings tbh

1 Like

Saturday night will tell a lot about Cody’s appetite and you’ll probably see whether the current KK team have for the stomach for it this year. They are going into the lions den as complete under dogs, everyone expecting them to be beaten but it could be worse than that. It could be what they themselves did to Cork all those years ago in Nowlan park and Cody knows that only too well. I have a feeling we could be in for a cracker of a match on Saturday night. I’m looking forward to it immensely

5 Likes

If chipp aren’t aiming to put a serious beating on us this weekend, then Michael Ryan may not be the man I thought he was. The crowd will expect blood. Ryan will want a marker put down in a big way.
If we keep it to under 10 points, we’ll be doing well.

3 Likes

:smile:

+1 it’s going to be tough viewing, revenge for “lock the gates, make them watch…”