Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Galway weren’t robbed . They knew the system before they started and they failed to beat a bad Cork team in Salthill in the play off .

1 Like

Not that I could see but I was on the opposite diagonal and I have failing eyesight.

Commentator made a mention of it. Also said himself and the rock were giving each other plenty verbals all day. Old habits die hard I suppose

He’s always stooping down over referees and animatedly pleading his innocence with lots of gesticulating and pointing, even when he’s blatantly in the wrong. I’d say he told some lies to school teachers over the years.

2 Likes

Serious ‘stats’ from Seanie McGrath :smile:

2 Likes

He took an amazing dive in the first half just in front of me. Barry Kelly gave him a free I’d say because he’d have been mortified for him otherwise.

2 Likes

From what I have heard, most of Maurice’s interactions with teachers involve him being given gold stars for telling the time properly.

Wexford won 1B today but weren’t featured on the highlights show. :cry:

RTÉ may as well hand over GAA coverage to eir sport completely.

1 Like

Disgusting

Did the tipp goalie know he’s allowed to try and save a pelanty?

3 Likes

Your love for Waterford hurlers knows no bounds :grinning:

I admire his “if its not straight at me I dont give a fuck” stance

3 Likes

:grin:

Maurice might not be the sharpest, but that appeared a harsh sending off and the Cork fella acted the cunt before and after.

5 Likes

They don’t show games from the Championship on MOTD either pal

Congrats on the promotion. It will be wall to wall Wexford next year. Suppose all their sports slots used for weekend showing 4 consecutive rugby games yesterday

+1, was there something we missed @Fagan_ODowd

They feature 1B every weekend and showed a report from Laois-Limerick. Your MOTD comparison is therefore misplaced. It’d be like the Championship highlights programme on Channel 5 not bothering to show a match report from the game where the champions sealed promotion. That’d clearly be ridiculous. But my point stands, they only showed the report from Laois because they could take footage from eir sport. They’ve blown their budget on rugby football alright and these funds shouldn’t even come from the sport budget.

3 Likes

+1 mate I was out in the car this morning and before the 9 0 clock news there was an ad from RTÉ telling us how brilliant they are for broadcasting women’s rugby, u-20 rugby and men’s rugby. The next advert was for some cure for psoriasis. I thought that was handy. All the ads for pox in one slot.

8 Likes

Cillian Buckley had a super game at midfield last night for Kilkenny. Given his athleticism it’s a position he could really excel at but he’s been disappointing on most ocassions where he’s played there before. He could turn in to a really smashing midfielder if he was allowed time there to develop and grow in confidence

1 Like

You’d think they’d have sent John Kenny and one single cameraman down to Tullamore to rustle up a brief match report between them. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were ignorant of the head to head permutations and weren’t actually aware that the win today sealed promotion for Wexford. You wouldn’t see them getting mixed up over a losing bonus point calculation in women’s rugby football though. It’s just a terrible state of affairs for gaels.