Allianz Hurling League 2019

Possibly but he certainly isn’t a wing back. Kk didn’t look that fit today . I think they will improve .

Rud eile Geoff . A good ballyhale generally means a good Kk . They have an exceptional crop coming .

Paul Murphy is a long way removed from his form of 2011-15. The scars of the 2016 All Ireland Final still possibly there. He’s in his 30’s now as well. Remarkable that @the_man_himself still ranks him as one of the best 5 or 6 hurlers in the country.

Yeah, its a stark decline as he was such a domimant presence for so long. He’s getting cleaned regularly now

Why are you lying so much lately?

Huh? You were telling us only last month that Kilkenny had 5 or 6 of the best hurlers in the country. Now you’ve backtracked completely after getting caught out and are saying that they have 5 or 6 hurlers who are amongst the best in their position, when fit and at their best. You’re citing fellows in their 30’s who’ve been crocked with injuries or bad form for years. Why not throw in Eddie Keher and DJ Carey while you’re at it.

Richie Hogan was excellent in the championship last year in the games he played. Eoin Murphy is the best keeper in the country. TJ is TJ. Cillian Buckley is an excellent centre back. Padraig Walsh and Paul Murphy may be pushing it on recent form alright.

You’re reading an awful lot into a league game against the best hurling squad of all time. Why don’t we wait and see in championship?

There’s 15 positions, so if we short-listed 3 or 4 of the best for each position, we’d have 50 or 60 hurlers. Are you maintaining your position of just over a month ago that Kilkenny have 5 or 6 of the best hurlers in the country or is it the case that they have 5 or 6 hurlers who’d make it into the top 50 or 60. Just answer the question now. No need for all the dramatics or no need to call me a liar for merely pointing out what you have said.

You are correct here. A very nice hurler, but wouldn’t cut it in Kilkenny teams of the past.

But at the same time, hard to criticise a fella getting scores from play when you are really struggling in that department.

Its only a league game mate

Yeah, he finds pockets of space and is fairly accurate when given the ball.

1 Like

How many of the current kk team would make the 2006 to 2009 teams . Not many if truth told

Two of the best players in the game are loose ball merchants in fairness

The gaa should probably think about splitting Limerick in two.

No trophies given out in February lads.

1 Like

6 in a row seems conservative now

1 Like

No doubt Limerick are the best team in the game at the mo but some of their lads on here are nearing chipp levels of single all ireland confidence.
Careful now.

3 Likes

No one is getting carried away mate, it’s only league and it’s only February. I thought we were poor enough in a lot of aspects yesterday. But the work rate remains phenomenal which is the most encouraging thing.

We look to be in great shape physically which considering they were celebrating all Christmas and had holiday breaks etc. disrupting the flow is good going.

It’ll be very difficult to put two in a row together. There’ll be two top teams that won’t even get out of Munster. Clare, Cork, Limerick, Tipp & Waterford are 5 of the top 7 teams. Maybe even 5/6.
Wexford, Galway & Kilkenny meanwhile are nearly guaranteed to come through.

But we haven’t beaten Kilkenny in Nolan Park since 1997 (I can count on one hand the amount of times we’ve beaten them in my lifetime) so a good day at the office and things moving in the right direction. A lot done more to do as they say.

Limerick hurling doesn’t do false dawns m8