Allianz National Football League 2022

Culminating in a defeat to John Maughan’s Offaly in the Leinster Championship.

1 Like

Yeah, as I said a few weeks ago he was standing on the shoulders of giants. The whole thing has a fierce bang of the Mickey Whelan era off it. Senior players drunk on their own success thinking they know it all, not respecting the new manager, standards slip and they don’t want to admit they are past their best, a cliqueish attitude and divisions between the older players and the younger players, the younger players not being as good.

This will end with something ridiculous like being dumped out of the championship by Roscommon.

2 Likes

Jack Bryant tearing a new hole for Mick Fitz

1 Like

Who were Mayo missing? Duncan, Cillian O’Connor, who else? Conroy is gone for the year I take it.

The whole thing is a mess.

The coaching under Mick Gavin is said to be under 14s stuff. The egos are of the old guard are obviously a problem but they look so slow its unreal.

For a team that were renowned for their athleticism, its now their achilies heel. Its all so laboured and predictable. I suppose the X Factor from McCaffrey and Mannion would change things but that’s a dead duck now. Time to move on from them.

Obviously the new guys being useless doesn’t help the situation either.

3 Likes

Google Images result for “mediocre”.

Almost as quiet as the stooks who kept telling us that the game was dead and Dublin were going to win 10 in a row

3 Likes

I’ll cut you kinnegar kid

Here they come now giving it the billy bigballs. Roy Curtis must have sounded the klaxon on twitter

5 Likes

Ye don’t even know last Ballinasloe man to win a senior all Ireland medal ffs…

Good luck to any inside forward trying to look good on that Dublin team in recent matches … the ball simply doesn’t come in …

2 Likes

And another one. Did the Cat and Cage close early tonight or what?

1 Like

The chicken and the egg comes to mind.

Roy seems to have given up on it

One devil’s advocate argument for Dublin’s dominance not being over: the long term disruptive effects of the pandemic are only now fully making themselves felt.

In 2020 it was felt that the disruptive effects of the pandemic could throw the championship wide open. It didn’t. Maybe it is throwing things open now.

Let’s reevaluate in 2025.

Dessie could get the Tommy Lyons treatment by the time summer is out.

TBF he handled the Cluxton situation terribly and it just made him look terribly weak. It dragged on and on, because Dessie let it.

As bad as they are at the moment they still have, maybe, three of the best 5 footballers in Ireland in Fenton, Kilkenny and Con. It would still take something seismic for them not to win Leinster.

I think there’s more to it when you have the people you expect to be leaders and bringing the new group through making simple errors like that.

It seems a little like the older players felt they were restricted under Gavins regime and are trying and failing to prove a point.

1 Like

They won’t win Leinster

1 Like

They won’t enter a team at this rate …

1 Like

Dublin and Kildare should be joined

1 Like