Allianz National Football League 2022

A few players i know based in Dublin had a lovely little system whereby theyd get the train down the country for training but just buy a ticket to Sallins to get through the barrier at Heuston for around €5 but claim the expenses on the full train ticket which could have cost up to €50 a night.

Was working a treat till they got caught.

3 Likes

I have no issue with players getting travel expenses, and I have no issue with the rate increasing (I presume it’s based on standard mileage rates though? Not really sure on that tbh)

But I would also agree on a limit of 4 sessions per week, seems as good a way as any to stop intercounty managers taking the piss. I’d be interested to see how many counties are in excess of that, and who they are.

I suppose you could have 2 field sessions, 2 gym sessions & a match at the weekend…

Collective gym sessions that they’re traveling to? Surely not the best use of time mid season.

2 Likes

Probably not at this stage, might have one collective one and then it’s left up to the player otherwise.

You’ll get cunts out there who will want lads there 5-6 nights a week. I’d love to see these sort of cunts named and shamed. And if its what the “Group” wants, then good luck to ye lads, but Croke Park aint footing the bill.

3 Likes

Just saw Hampsey’s red card there. Braindead stuff. The nordies do love a cheap shot

‘Twas like Costello stood on a land mine

1 Like

Needless from Hampsey though, as the man says if you’re gonna get sent off for that you might as well give him a right thump

I reckon Hampsey might not the sharpest

1 Like

Ryan O’Donoghue given motm off Kevin McStay on Saturday, doesn’t even make gaa team of the week, nor nomination for player of the week. Goes to David Clifford :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Who picks this mate?

Ya know what, I haven’t a clue.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be putting too much truck in it tbh

Mayo’s attacking efforts in the last 15 minutes of that were pitiful.

2 Likes

Jesus they were hopeless. Who are they missing bar Tommy goals? Yer man o donoghue isn’t the answer when it comes to the crunch

1 Like

Is The COC back yet?

Oh yea. He wasn’t playing there anyway. He hasn’t got the X factor either though especially not at this stage.

Tonight’s performance gave me the opinion that he is, in fact, done. Stick a fork in him.

They look rudderless, O’Donohue kicking the ball back 50 yards into his own half with scores scarce and time fleeting was symptomatic of a man bereft of faith, ambition or purpose. The dream is over, sadly.

3 Likes

That was the pass of a spread better.

He’s a massive loss in fairness, he looked the best of them. Frightening pace.

1 Like