An Clr V's Kittins U21- Anthem

[quote=“Pikeman”]Conlon got MOTM I think.
Himself and Murphy were the best on view I thought.[/quote]

No love for Dillon or O Connell? Even O Donovan middle of the field got through an amount of work.

Twas funny on the pitch after, strolled down once Plan B came into effect and found myself standing beside Minogue who had gotten cut off from the rest by the invasion. He was happy out. Seemed like a sound fella to have a pint with, but as there were no pints in our vicinity I could not be sure.

Ya Pikeman, i’m probably basing my view on what i saw of these teams overall this year, and not just yesterday. Your right based on yesterday alone, but i’d say if Clare took away the nerves they clearly had they would have won handy enough. They were physically stronger in alot of areas, and while they do have stars, they weren’t as reliant as them as KK were. They more or less played with 14 players with Honan on the pitch, he made one great burst alright in the first half, but clearly he was only there to worry KK, he was very much restricted by injury and sickness from what i could see.

Honan needs to work on his picking though, he’ll never put the 2 hands on, but thats fine if he perfects the one hand, but he needs to perfect it.

[quote=“myboyblue”]No love for Dillon or O Connell? Even O Donovan middle of the field got through an amount of work.

Twas funny on the pitch after, strolled down once Plan B came into effect and found myself standing beside Minogue who had gotten cut off from the rest by the invasion. He was happy out. Seemed like a sound fella to have a pint with, but as there were no pints in our vicinity I could not be sure.[/quote]

You’ll need to start bringing around a six pack for such occasions.:smiley:

[quote=“myboyblue”]No love for Dillon or O Connell? Even O Donovan middle of the field got through an amount of work.

Twas funny on the pitch after, strolled down once Plan B came into effect and found myself standing beside Minogue who had gotten cut off from the rest by the invasion. He was happy out. Seemed like a sound fella to have a pint with, but as there were no pints in our vicinity I could not be sure.[/quote]

Dillon was class too-think Clare lads were on earlier in the year having doubts about him but he’s been well assured when I’ve seen him.

I believe he broke an ankle earlier on in the year, but I could be corrected on that one? He had a fine game, and claned out “John Joe”, or as the Thomastown folk beside me said “Jayz JohnJ is being fooking claned”. JohnJ got one chance at the death and the poor fella shit himself.

both fullback lines were superb i thought.
KK obviously instill the professional foul mentality into their hurlers, young lads yesterday at the exact same craic that the seniors are at so its unfair to say Clare got all their points from frees, KK were ruthless and simply stop you from playing in any which way they can.

i think its a good thing to see KK lose a big match that they should have won. well done clare.

Worth mentioning how all KK teams now seem to play to Cody’s gameplan. Both the minor and U21 sides were pulling their half forward line back for the puck outs, yesterday it caused Clare a lot of trouble.

[quote=“HBV*”]KK obviously instill the professional foul mentality into their hurlers, young lads yesterday at the exact same craic that the seniors are at so its unfair to say Clare got all their points from frees, KK were ruthless and simply stop you from playing in any which way they can.
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

He tells the truth though in fairness, they don’t hide the fact at all that they have all teams training more or less the same way.

Wides cost us badly but fair play to Clare, they just about deserved it. Fine contest in what is probably the best, most competitive grade there is in hurling.
Doing away with U-21 would be a mistake.

[quote=“Piles Hussain”]Wides cost us badly but fair play to Clare, they just about deserved it. Fine contest in what is probably the best, most competitive grade there is in hurling.
Doing away with U-21 would be a mistake.[/quote]

I agree, but i’d be thinking you’d get more out of introducing u-17 & u-19 that u-18 as it is. The gap between 18 & 21 is too much and i think exams are really starting to affect the Minor grade, they do where i’m from anyway. Its a tough year for fellas. taking a bit of the strain away may not be a bad thing.

do you have an opinion yourself or is that just a nervous twitch?

i think its a good thing to see KK lose a big match that they should have won. well done clare.[/QUOTE]

:cool::clap::rolleyes:

:cool::clap::rolleyes:
Eh…

It’s unfair to say Clare got all their points from frees you say? :smiley:

:smiley:
Its certainly unfair to suggest Clare were in some way fortunate because much more of their scores came from frees, i didn’t realise it was you till now but its a simplistic enough way of analysing a game.

Kilkenny took the game in the second half and all of their 14 points bar 1 came from play.
Clare only scored 6 from play out of 15.

Has Puke crawled out of Tricia’s in Clonlara yet?

Its certainly unfair to suggest Clare were in some way fortunate because much more of their scores came from frees, i didn’t realise it was you till now but its a simplistic enough way of analysing a game.

Kilkenny took the game in the second half and all of their 14 points bar 1 came from play.
Clare only scored 6 from play out of 15.
[/quote]

You were saying Clare got ALL their points from frees was a simplistic view.
No one said Clare got ALL their points from frees.
Clare only scored 6 from play-what are we supposed to do-ignore that fact completely? Simplistic or not it’s the truth and a poor showing from the Banner forwards.
Kilkenny had some awful awful wides and 2 fantastic goal chances to finish the game off, but no point talking about that either as it’s too simplistic a view I suppose.

[quote=“Pikeman”]You were saying Clare got ALL their points from frees was a simplistic view.
No one said Clare got ALL their points from frees.
Clare only scored 6 from play-what are we supposed to do-ignore that fact completely? Simplistic or not it’s the truth and a poor showing from the Banner forwards.
Kilkenny had some awful awful wides and 2 fantastic goal chances to finish the game off, but no point talking about that either as it’s too simplistic a view I suppose.[/quote]

grand, so you were pouncing on the fact that i used the word ‘all’.
:rolleyes:

Lads, I think we’re all missin the main point here, puke could be dead.