An Clr V's Kittins U21- Anthem

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Despite his woeful tackle i thought the Killkenny No.2 was superb, best player on the pitch.

Clare were 7 or 8 points a better team and would have had alot of sleepless nights had they blown this.
Well done Clare.[/quote]

[quote=“Pikeman”]Murphy was class alright Kev, probably so used to marking Richie Hogan in training all the time.

Didn’t think Clare were 7/8 points the better team though. :eek:
Kilkenny took the game in the second half and all of their 14 points bar 1 came from play.
Clare only scored 6 from play out of 15.[/quote]

Paul Murphy is a class act alright,hes the stand out best hurler on the pitch at club level for Danesfort most of the time i watch them play and is excelling at all levels with Kilkenny,he was on the senior traning panel(not the first 30) this Year and looks like the most suitable replacement for Michael Kavanagh thats in the County right now,to my mind Kavanagh must make way for new blood in 2010,hes been brilliant over the Years but the time comes for everyone to go,im sure kavanagh might have something to say about that though,hes going to want to win his 8th All Ireland medal one the field not on the bench.

[quote=“HBV*”]grand, so you were pouncing on the fact that i used the word ‘all’.
:rolleyes:[/quote]

One of em, but also read the rest.

Will Kavanagh wear a helmet Link? Sounds like a small thing but he’s going to it find very difficult to get used to wearing one at this stage of his career. Cant play next year without one.

Was talking about this helmet thing in the dressing room the other night after a game. Lot of lads who go without now are going to land into the ball alley early next year and see how it goes. I presume a lot of lads around the country will be the same. Whatever about Kavanagh, a lot of goalies will be well fucked.

I forgot about that,i remember him wearing a red one with no faceguard in the very early days at underage,this new helmet thing is bullshit i reckon,theres rakes of players who dont wear helmets at club level in Kilkenny,PJ Ryan wont like it either,he used to wear a white square birdcage type one at under 14 and under 16 level,he’ll hardly be putting that back on id say.

What are the rules around helmets?
Do you get penalised if you take it off?

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]What are the rules around helmets?
Do you get penalised if you take it off?[/quote]

You have to leave the pitch, similar to blood sub rule i believe.

What happens if Tommy Walsh tries to take your helmet off for you?

I think its a red card but you should ask Benny Dunne to be sure.

Nobody had doubts over Dillon, the lad broke a bone in his foot 2 weeks before they played Limerick and didn’t figute til the Galway game, caught some excellent ball and was solid out, there was doubts over Eamonn Glynn as he is far more suited to the corner and was immense there sunday…

Fair broke up from the past few days this evening…Fucking epic stuff…

[quote=“The Puke”]Nobody had doubts over Dillon, the lad broke a bone in his foot 2 weeks before they played Limerick and didn’t figute til the Galway game, caught some excellent ball and was solid out, there was doubts over Eamonn Glynn as he is far more suited to the corner and was immense there sunday…

Fair broke up from the past few days this evening…Fucking epic stuff…[/quote]

Probably Dillon I was thinking of then.
Fair play to ye Puke :mad:
Ye’re lucky the Dubs knocked us out :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“The Puke”]Nobody had doubts over Dillon, the lad broke a bone in his foot 2 weeks before they played Limerick and didn’t figute til the Galway game, caught some excellent ball and was solid out, there was doubts over Eamonn Glynn as he is far more suited to the corner and was immense there sunday…

Fair broke up from the past few days this evening…Fucking epic stuff…[/quote]

Congrats to Clare,the win was fully deserved and is being toasted everywhere in hurling circles,a few observations,your Keeper has to be better than Philly Brennan,thats a fine back line you had on view,yer man Conlon mightnt have as good a day again,he doesnt look mobile eneogh for the top level,ye were damn lucky the chance for an equalising point/winning goal fell to John Joe Farrell and not Hogan/Fennelly/Mulhall/James Nolan, once John Joe had it i knew ye had nothing to worry about and finally we missed several chances at a point or two up which are now being regretted here in Kilkenny,in fairness there was a lot of pressure being applied by the Clare backs at the time,ya cant win them all,im happy to lose this one to an emerging hurling team.

Will you stop, the lad has been given performances like that for Clon, Flannan’s and Clare for the past 5 years…He pretty much kept Clare in the Munster final against Tipp last year and this year V waterford with his ball winning ability…He might lack a small bit of pace but his strength and his ability to win ball in the air more than compensate for it…A more dedicated young hurler you will not meet

What odds will you give me on him winning an all star in the next 5 years?

Here Link what was the story with the Kilkenny captain(Maher) on sunday…Lad looked like he was fierce fond of the dinner table…

:clap: Christ he was some beast, I presume there’s a story there somewhere.

Presume that his club were county champions and they nominated him for a laugh…

Some size alright-must be a goalie is he

I’d say it was done for a bet alright, winning All Ireland had gotten that easy for them they decided to nominate 3 outsiders for captain this year, shur Shamrocks picked Fennelly in the hope of shoving him into the team.

However that U21 fella was a right bullock and was stretching it.

Think he was number 23 on the programme, he was on the field after the match and he was togged as an outfielder…Had to resist the temptation to go over and capsize him with a shoulder when I saw the big pudgy head on him

Here Puke, are ye going to offer Kilkenny a replay due to the fact one of Conlons points was actually wide?

Ye seemed to think Tipp should have given ye one last year so I suppose ye should put your money where your mouth is so to speak.