An Idiots guide to downloading TV Programs/Movies from the Internet

Lads, i use Isohunt to download stuff onto utorrent and it is going well. The site is free and you donā€™t have to register or anything. Iā€™d only really download something where there are a good few seeders and preferably where there are a few comments giving it the all clear. I came across a film i wanted to download yesterday and there is only one file really with a decent number of seeders (i donā€™t download something with less than say 100 seeders) but a comment said there is a ā€œtrojanā€ on the file so i left it.

Do ye use any other sites for downloading that ye would recommend? I was signed up to one before, think Mr Totti might have gave me an invitation but they kicked me off it as i wasnā€™t giving anything back.

[quote=ā€œThe Dunph, post: 613255ā€]Lads, i use Isohunt to download stuff onto utorrent and it is going well. The site is free and you donā€™t have to register or anything. Iā€™d only really download something where there are a good few seeders and preferably where there are a few comments giving it the all clear. I came across a film i wanted to download yesterday and there is only one file really with a decent number of seeders (i donā€™t download something with less than say 100 seeders) but a comment said there is a ā€œtrojanā€ on the file so i left it.

Do ye use any other sites for downloading that ye would recommend? I was signed up to one before, think Mr Totti might have gave me an invitation but they kicked me off it as i wasnā€™t giving anything back.[/quote]

I used to use demonoid and am in very bad form since it got taken down.

Kickass torrents at kat.ph is reasonable.

Looking for somewhere to download the second season of Game of thrones from,is there an option to do that seperately episode by episode?

Isohunt.

Are there ā€˜saferā€™ ways to torrent? Presumably there are some ways of cloaking your ip address so as to minimise your exposure to prosecution and what have you.

[quote=ā€œWatch The Break, post: 613259ā€]

Are there ā€˜saferā€™ ways to torrent? Presumably there are some ways of cloaking your ip address so as to minimise your exposure to prosecution and what have you.[/quote]

There are tricks but to be honest youā€™re not really hiding from your ISP.

UPC broadband usersā€¦
Anytime I download torrents anymore my broadband connection disappears after a few minutes practically every time. When I say disappears I mean there is no wireless signal even listed not to mind being able to connect to it. I reset the router, signal comes back, run utorrent and it goes again. Is it possible UPC are somehow blocking me from downloading? I even tried a different torrent software but the same thing happens. Going on a while too so it has, awful sickening.

Happens me occasionally too but always repairs itself. But UPC are supposed to be blocking all torrent downloads soon. Recent decision.

Ah stop, thatā€™s a disaster.

There must be some way around that.

No idea. Just read about it somewhere. It took me about 5 years to figure out how to do it in the first place so I doubt il be the fella to find a solution!

Have you UPC in Galway? Does that craic happen to you?

Yes, and no I donā€™t think thatā€™s ever happened to me. Could be something to do with your port forwarding. Donā€™t ask me to explain it because I donā€™t understand it but you should look it up.

Iā€™ll have an auld google later and see.

Are you using wifi? Itā€™s much more likely to be related to your router than to anything related to UPC blocking anything. For want of better phrasing theyā€™ve always been the most ā€œtorrent-friendlyā€ of the ISPs and I hadnā€™t heard anything about that changing. Any chance of a link Dan? Not disputing that, just would find it surprising.

The problem itself is probably caused by the router and Iā€™m guessing you might have the Cisco EPC 3925 which does that sometimes. A wired ethernet connection works perfectly but it often loses and then refreshes the wireless causing a lot of frustration.

The only solution I know of is to purchase a router, turn the Cisco modem/router into a bridged connection and let the other router handle the wifi.

If a wired internet connection is causing the same issues then you have a different problem.

Ya itā€™s wireless, I think itā€™s a Netgear router too. I might just get a different one and see, thanks.

I am currently downloading with UPC, no issues, fwiw.

Saw it on broadsheet Rocko

Thanks - see it now. UPC refuted it anyway:

http://siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/29887-upc-denies-plans-to-block-t

Netflix - Anyone here use it?