Andy Lee.. Irish Sporting Superstar

He covered some ground in his career. A proper Irish sportsman and a gent. Best of luck to him.

1 Like

A credit to his (traveler) community, a gent

One of the good guys.

You scum bag

6 Likes

he was one of the greatest of all time

2 Likes

Andy is a sound lad.I was at a lot of his fights in the 00’s and anytime I met him he was a pure gent.

It’s a pity I would have liked to see him box a couple of more times

I wouldn’t . He wasn’t going to get any better , no big money fights on the horizon and always a risk of being hurt .

There’s plenty posting here who would have had Andy smothered at birth, he is indeed a credit to the traveller community, an absolute gent.

1 Like

I met Andy before at the opening of all Star ink tattoos in Limerick. He was a gentleman. He never got enough credit of course. He was lucky to train under Emanuel steward in his latter years. At least he can say he trained with the best and fought a good fight. Bums like mcgregor wouldn’t have one tenth of the boxing ability Lee had. Wish him well.

Latter years? Did he not go out to Detroit when he was 21?

The trainers latter years

1 Like

Not very clear from your initial post

Please edit

He tried to make a cunt of me there.

No I didn’t!

I know - I just liked seeing him box. It’s a sensible decision to retire.

Remember he was supposed to fight bjs in thomond Park in Limerick they pulled out because they only sold 2500 tickets. Most of them travellers buying em. Tomorrow Limerick live 95fm will say how much he was adored and loved. The honest truth is most of the snobby cunts in Limerick had no interest in supporting a traveller. Never got any credit in Limerick. They didn’t even advertise his world championship fight when it was coming. It was all munster this ó Connell that.

3 Likes

Fair play for getting his back after he’s retired.

I liked him and thought he was a top boxer and deserved everything he got. I’m saying Limerick didn’t have his back and now they will pretend they did tomorrow morning when they talk about him

Stop shouting, pal.