Andy Lee.. Irish Sporting Superstar

[quote=“dancarter”]Jesus a bit of craic is a bit of craic but messing up a fellas sex life is not on, did you take the head off him?

Jesus I hate the Lodge now that I think of it. I was in there one night drinking tequila and vodka with miwadi mixer, I fell asleep in the corner in a fookin heap and woke up and lads were gone. I spent hours trying to figure out how to get home ended up throwing myself down in the jewish cemetry (think thats what its called??) until the morning

im getting cold even thinking about it, but that soured the lodge on me for ever more!![/quote]

endured a similar night in the lodge one night. absolutely fooked on shorts & lost the wallet. started walkin & kipped for a bit in a bus shelter. woke up & could see lights in the distance which is assumed to be limerick and off i went but some security guard told me i was on the tipperary road. found a unlocked lorry parked up on the side of the road & passed out across the seats. u cant beat college

Usually end up there for our Christmas party, pulling any bird in the nightclub will have u on some sort of register. Was next to a table of oap’s at last years party, thought an ambulance would be called due to our antics

1 Like

He’s on OTB now.

Real nice lad. Nice recap segment on his career to a Cranberries soundtrack.

Sound as a pound.

He covered some ground in his career. A proper Irish sportsman and a gent. Best of luck to him.

1 Like

A credit to his (traveler) community, a gent

One of the good guys.

You scum bag

6 Likes

he was one of the greatest of all time

2 Likes

Andy is a sound lad.I was at a lot of his fights in the 00’s and anytime I met him he was a pure gent.

It’s a pity I would have liked to see him box a couple of more times

I wouldn’t . He wasn’t going to get any better , no big money fights on the horizon and always a risk of being hurt .

There’s plenty posting here who would have had Andy smothered at birth, he is indeed a credit to the traveller community, an absolute gent.

1 Like

I met Andy before at the opening of all Star ink tattoos in Limerick. He was a gentleman. He never got enough credit of course. He was lucky to train under Emanuel steward in his latter years. At least he can say he trained with the best and fought a good fight. Bums like mcgregor wouldn’t have one tenth of the boxing ability Lee had. Wish him well.

Latter years? Did he not go out to Detroit when he was 21?

The trainers latter years

1 Like

Not very clear from your initial post

Please edit

He tried to make a cunt of me there.

No I didn’t!