Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

Hi both? As in addressing 2 people?

That’s the one. I’ve had people try to justify it to me, but if you’re writing an email and can’t be arsed typing their names there’s something wrong with that.

1 Like

That’s cuntish.

1 Like

I don’t even “Hi Tom” or “Hi lads” in emails i skip that pageantry totally and get straight to the crux of the matter. Have done so for a few years now and i think people respect you more when you are straight without the bullshit. So a typical email i send to someone i dive right in with no salutation. Usually nothing on the end either.

What an ignoramus.

We need to get our ducks in a row, we have a cuckoo in the nest are two I used recently whilst trying not to smirk.

Since when is putting “Hi John” or “Regards” in an email classed as bullshit? Jesus christ I’m well behind the times. This thread is just upsetting me at this stage.

I haven’t enough time to be writing salutations anyway i’m too busy. I don’t have some handy job in Clonmel county council like @Brimmer_Bradley or @myboyblue in Laois county council with nothing to do but lick the odd stamp .

1 Like

Manners cost nothing sport.

Walk with kings and keep the common touch.

2 Likes

Sweat mother thats just wrong. Did you nod in agreement or look elsewhere mate?

Thanks for the pep talk. I have impeccable manners in real life situations, just don’t fall in for any kind of annoying office jargon whatsoever from my end.

Do you believe that shit? He’s been playing the class clown since his Dunph days, best to just ignore it.

1 Like

Just out of a meeting where someone referred to a new production process as a “gamechanger”. I laughed.

1 Like

“Conversation”

This word has crept into use over the past 12/18 months not just in business but in life in general. But from a business point of view you just don’t go and talk to someone who is having difficulty or who is wanted on another project, you ‘have the conversation’ with them.
Johnny really isn’t ready to steady that ship so I really feel it is up to you to have the conversation with him about it
Fuck me, Johnny needs a kick up the arse, is that what you mean??

I think I’ve posted about this previously. It’s a great way for morons to get out of making a decision. “Let’s have a conversation about…” No, let’s not. Let’s make a fucking decision for fucks sake.

Look, will either yourself or @Locke just reach out to Johnny? Synergise efforts going forward.

3 Likes

Don’t get me started about ‘going forward’

1 Like

It’s a cunt of an expression and will forever be associated with BIFFO. But, when you hear someone telling you “we need to look back to go forward” you know you’ve reached the panacea of annoying office jargon.

If you’re not getting the gawks from listening office jargon on a daily basis, you need to change company.

1 Like

We going to have to jump out of the frying pan and hang around on the counter for a little bit before we hop into the fire.

2 Likes

was at a meeting and some bigshot said he offered some crowd “half a bar” in relation to a project, apparently it means half a billion