Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

A bar is a million. Standard terminology in the finance game.

3 Likes

Christ that’s embarrassing, the English lads talking big money over the mick @Tassotti’s head.

13 Likes

Looking at things at the granular level…

1 Like

Granularity is a big one here lately.

I’ve added “circling back” to my lexicon in recent weeks. I’ll circle back to one person after I’ve checked things with other people.

I’ll be circling back to a few people during the day, lads.

Be mindful of…
Be cognisant of…

Why don’t I just look out for…

Because you’re far more likely to get side-swiped by something hiding in the long grass.

1 Like

To ‘action’ stuff is a big one in my place at the moment.
There’s an accountant woman who likes to tell me she had ‘actioned’ this and tells me we need to action that.
I get mild panic attacks when she expects me to ‘action’ stuff.

We deal in billions here pal. What do you think this is some mickey mouse Irish outfit?

Well tell your buddy he’s talking shit so.

You have been badly found out here. You’d be better of leaving multi billion pound finance to the experts. I hope you are never sent over to the London office making a show of yourself

1 Like

You’ve shown yourself to be a complete novice in these matters I’m afraid mate. Back to the bedsit with you

3 Likes

You have made an awful fool of yourself here. No wonder Ireland is a laughing stock amongst the big players

1 Like

I had to show this post to a few of the lads in the office here. You should have seen their reaction :joy:

They must have been mortified at their mistake.

You can tell them a “yard” is a billion for future reference. Hopefully they haven’t made a show of themselves in front of clients.

Why don’t they just say half billion?

It goes back to the days of calling in orders/shouting orders on the floor. Billion and million sound similar and could be confused so they used slang to differentiate.

4 Likes

Do ye still use shillings in your manor :joy:

You’d get away with that if Bar and Yard didn’t sound so familiar

5 Likes

Get away with what? It’s a fact you ape