Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

4 Likes

That’s a clamping

@Julio_Geordio is clamping lads all over the shop today.
Good day for him.

You better tell your mate he’s after offering half a million for something when he should have offered half a billion. :confounded:

Bar and Yard are correct, am not disputing that. Your story about the trading floor is what I was questioning.

Apology accepted.

25 - pony
50 - bullseye
100 - a ton
500 - a monkey
1,000 - a bag of sand
5,000 - five bags of sand

It would appear you are dealing with your own money and bookies. Julio and Tassoti are the boys for dealing with other people’s money…and after the latest e-exchanges Julio is the man. The only worthwhile Limerick victory this week.

1 Like

I just used gamechanger in a meeting not 1 hour ago. I’m sure the recipients of said wordology are still awestruck.

1 Like

Have one for ye that the big wigs here have been preaching about lately.

Radical candor. Look it up.

Sounds like a way of justifying workplace bullying

Kind of. But if your “leadership” are the ones pushing it, cool.

You asked me to be a bit more a prick, don’t be surprised if that’s exactly what happens.

1 Like

Doing a bit of work for a client and I asked if he needed a formal report issued with it.

No Chucks” he says, “as long as I’ve got a number to talk to, is the main thing right now.”

2 Likes

The biggest room in any house is the room for improvement.

3 Likes

It’s the ultimate fucking nonsense. I cringe every time I hear some wanker “talk to a presentation” or whatnot.

I was invited to read a document and revert back with any “catch points” today.

Is this common or new?

Are catch points simply points or comments?

Well literally a catch point is a safety feature on a railway track to stop a train that is out of control.

So maybe your man wants you to find anything put in to cover him or them? Or else he just means sticking points and is a moron.

Latter far more likely

2 Likes

“let’s not get into the weeds on this right now” is a great line to wrap up a Friday afternoon conference call or meeting in a timely manner.

3 Likes

I know this is an old one but to my shame I constantly find myself “kicking for touch” on things lately.

In my better moments I tell my colleagues to “punt this one” and make it the client’s problem.

1 Like