Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

A lot of talk today about T Shirt sizing. You’d think I worked in a sweat shop

complexity of user stories?

Do you even agile bro?

4 Likes

we’re still stuck in the world of points = days…using fibonacci

15 bucks for 3 weeks of Ashutosh’s time, says it all really.

1 Like

15 bucks probably gets him a kitchen island

4 Likes

I was at a meeting yesterday to try to resolve some difficulties encountered on a project. Plenty of attendees & jargon was being exchanged from the start. It was an opportunity to “draw a line in the sand”. We were “feeling pulses” & “eyeballing each other”, agreeing “the direction of travel”, “assessing the mood music” & it went on & on. I know you can sometimes let one of these terms slip out when you’re waffling on in a meeting but it must be exhausting for some folk to remain in character like that all day, every day. Ignore my post in the Wexford GAA thread for the purposes of this comment here.

8 Likes
1 Like

They’ll look back on this period in human history the same way they looked at the First World War.

Looking forward to today’s Rose, Thorn and Bud retrospective

1 Like

The rad.
:grimacing::joy:

https://twitter.com/realBrookNash/status/1762119099792974324?t=2xdk8M4MIJP-NNV7wNdfLw&s=19

5 Likes

Heard on a teams call there from the top of the room. ‘We have that failover now in place when the house is on fire’

Someone has signed off an email to me wishing me a “nice cosy weekend”.

Bonfire fan?

2 Likes

Sounds like a threat

1 Like

One of my colleagues signed off to a customer with “have a lonely weekend” a while back & some of us were copied on it. Oh the office banter that ensued…

As a parent a lonely weekend doesn’t sound too bad

10 Likes

I had a lonely weekend a few weeks back. The wife and kids went to her place. It was bliss.
Watched at least 3 movies and a bit of sport.

7 Likes

“Let’s put some guardrails around that with next year in mind…”

Fuckin Yanks.