Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

Welcome to 2021

Was it a Covid thing?

An incorrect estimate was sent out to and it was queried by our customers over in the Schtates. According to the email response it appears that the inaccurate estimate was due to an erogenous posting. I’m quite confident that the sender hasn’t a breeze what erogenous means but at least they spelt it right.

11 Likes

Probably sent during a clitical time.

2 Likes

Someone just wrote to me and said …

Is this a common phrase? I thought it was a typo. I mean it kinda makes sense alright…

Same as you putting it to bed I suppose…

1 Like

“My overall sense is what’s happened over the last few weeks has been a standard part of the arm wrestle.”

3 Likes

“This seems like the opening salvo in a nuclear arms race & now they’re after firing their first missile.”

Edit for follow up:

“Firing the first missile may help them win the battle but it will be detrimental to their efforts to win the war.”

1 Like

That seems a bit garbled. Have they actually launched a nuke or just a regular missile (but with the potential of things escalating to nukes being fired)?

We in an enforcement scenario here? Somebody not paying the dosh back?

I sometimes imagine that you work on the set of star trek.

1 Like

Here in an Emotional Intelligence Session at the minute & @Aristotle pops up. Only 29 more slides to go.

1 Like

That’s a good one in fairness; I’ve been making serious royalties off that.

Just the right amount of incomprehensible bullshit.

5 Likes

Those Opta in-house things are gas

‘Emotional Intelligence’ haha

“Some head-winds, or how our new CEO calls it, cold waters…”

Uh oh sounds like mass layoffs coming

1 Like

Head winds are never good.

Any Derek McGrath material in that session?

Project Castle took care of much of the chaff at central services. Just a matter of tacking our way through the headwinds by using different Springboard tools.

The Brits are so full of shit and up their own holes. “as a reward for long service, there will be £100 for ten years, £150 for fifteen etc etc…” Eh, some of us don’t use GBP, pal.

1 Like