Annoying Office Jargon - Part III

Roundtables

A bit of sandbagging always helps when approaching headwinds.

Has the company the manoueverability to about turn and use the head winds to fill your sales (sic)?

2 Likes

@Locke sitting down for a meeting next week

4 Likes

I’m playing a plus 1 when we are under pressure here in the office. A lad on standby

I love the short sleeve, tie, and braces combo. Not sure about the 'tache though :thinking:

https://twitter.com/jonathanbfine/status/1802054914945995174

3 Likes

I hope it’s not @mikehunt

1 Like

During a lessons learned session, we dont do postmortems we need to be better next time.

We need to do some premortems bedore starting the next project

1 Like

Living on the side of a volcano.

1 Like

We don’t often do X, but when we do, we do a pre-mortem is a bit of a jargon I’ve been proud to throw out recently.

I also said to a senior manager yesterday that the success of a project will be defined by the ‘snap decisions we make in micro-moments’ which he nearly leapt out of the chair in excitement with.

I actually hate my job a lot of the time but making people excited with absolute horseshit like this keeps me sane

13 Likes

How do ye actually stand it?
I can hardly bear reading it.

2 Likes

I saw overmorrow on the 'gram today. Meaning the day after tomorrow. Have to find a reason to use it this week.

3 Likes

There is a Polish word for the day after tomorrow “pojutrze”. But it’s a real word not a makey uppy piece of shit by a corpo dweeb. Or “Le Lendemain” in French.

I do love manana. A proper word that is laden with meaning. Wonder if there is a word for overmorrow in espanol.

3 Likes

Pasado Mañana

1 Like

Very good. I can now annoy the same people with a virtually new piece of guff.

Sounds like something from Game of Thrones

Tony Adams went undermorrow that time at Wembley and made shite of his shoulder

14 Likes

Creative :+1: