Another casualty of the recession

Nothing like some graduate clown, wet behind the ears telling you how to migrate all your services to the cloud.

3 Likes

Not far off a year’s net so after the lump sum break. Not too bad really but hopefully she gets something else and the payment allows her not to rush into a decision.

These severance packages are ridiculous shareholder value destruction but plenty of investors are donkeys who just nod along with the WSJ narrative of the day.

2 Likes

Sure why wouldn’t they. Tech company can bring in lads on shorter term contracts without the sunk cost and training. It’s what nearly every other industry has done. Tech is just moving from ridiculous growth to normal growth

Incredibly generous as not legally required to have been so giving.

1 Like

They all want to appear caring but also hard enough to make the “tough calls” to investors.

There’s lads terrified to leave jobs in case they miss the severance package

There’ll be a lot more PIPing of people as natural attrition falls for the reason you mentioned.

Someone in a tech company only told me at the weekend that they don’t think they can ever leave it now without a payoff in the back pocket

1 Like

Tell him to get his dick out in the tea room and see what happens

3 Likes

His or her dick.

1 Like

Their dick

4 Likes
1 Like

I thought my kids were messing with me when they independently said ‘fisher’ to me during conversations a few weeks back.

Appears it is being taught that way in School. As a stand alone doesn’t bother me that much. Bigger, ahem, fish to fry.

But I did wonder for a minute if both my kids were dense when I heard the word come from their mouths

3 Likes

If it needs to change I would prefer fisher to fisherthem.

Tis all a cod…

1 Like

Provisional liquidator appointed to SIAC Construction Ltd which has a net liability of €12.3m, and SIAC Roofing and Cladding Ltd
The two firms have approximately 100 employees in Ireland, and the court heard that the workers will have to be informed that there is insufficient cash to pay them.

1 Like

What’s the story here? Bad contracts with small margin? Hard to see how you could be in construction and not making money at the minute

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0503/1380580-court-appoints-provisional-liquidator-to-two-siac-firms/

Something strange about it alright. Cuntish comment from the judge re: creditors ‘self-help’.
In most instances suppliers and subbies haven’t been paid for the items they try to take back.

1 Like

Fuck. Let’s hope for everyone’s sake that @Chucks_Nwoko isn’t involved in any way.

12 Likes