Another casualty of the recession

Dunno but I suspect inflation is doing woeful damage for those lads. Fixed price contracts that are executed 2 years after tender. Good luck.

1 Like

Price variation clauses in most contracts. Public Works Contracts all have inflation allowances including an index allowing for inflation from time of tender to commencement on site.
Parent company looks to have pulled the plug here.

3 Likes

Inflation in wages energy and fuel would have gone through the roof since the contracts were signed I’d imagine and thin margin on contract in first place.

Thats not worth a shite tho. And any inflation during the contract is only applicable after 15% inflation. No one would price in inflation in a competitive tender, so the only thing it does is somewhat lever a gap if there is a delay to start with the index amount.

You can be sure the owner/owners will be alright.The poor auld subbie and his workers will get fucked good and proper.

Dolcain Engineering went into liquidation last year. They were part of SIAC.

I presume they separated all their businesses. Dolcain didnt win a tender, a proposed financial backer pulled out and they were gone.

Think another company in the group to go next week as well.

Public Works Contracts have an inflation co-operatiion framework which works to a monthly index otherwise they wouldn’t have gotten anyone to sign a Letter of Acceptance to a fixed price for 450 days in the current climate.

3 Likes

Had a feeling they were in bother. Fuck

Who was main Subbie there?

Wouldn’t know to be honest

I missed this news. The young lad will be gutted. My wallet will be a bit heavier (he hopes).

3 Likes

Does this mean that Chapters is fucked too?!

Game Stop owns that I think.

What a cracking book shop that is.

He said the directors “were delighted to welcome 1,068 new shareholders to the company”. He noted this includes six new shareholders who invested between €50,000 and €250,000, while the majority of them, 734, are small investors who acquired shares to the value of up to €1,000.

Mr Murphy also said “the majority of the new shareholders are female”.

Bizarre

'We're not doctors. We're not dietitians': Happy Pear apologise again for breast cancer video.

1 Like

Charlatans. They’ve gone very quiet?

Like the good people of DĂșn Laoghaire Rathdown “investing in” Big Mike’s in Blackrock. They’re prepaying for steaks though vs. here where they’re buying plants.

https://Twitter.com/lovindublin/status/1750809461290074531?s=46